Pricewatch!

The King's Bounty series is on sale at GOG. Definitely worth a look if you like the Heroes of Might and Magic games.

The King's Bounty series is on sale at GOG. Definitely worth a look if you like the Heroes of Might and Magic games.

Just too bad that only chunks of the series came to the Mac ... but agree they are great games!

The problem there is that you're using a Mac. ;)

haha :)

But answering seriously, for me Mac or PC isn't an issue, it is about consistency. For example, Gothic 1 - 3, Risen 1-3 ... not available on Mac. So I play on PC. Divinity Original Sin plays great on my Macbook Air, so I play on THAT.

So for me the problem is that the original King's Bounty got Mac & PC releases, but none of the expansions were released for Mac. Sort of like NWN2 - main game was multiplatform but not the expansions.

The problem there is that you're using a Mac. ;)

My first pc was an apple 2 (I don't count the TI) - no way was I going for the Charlie Chaplin PC Jr (and the office PC was way too expensive).

Some time much later I was in a brick and mortar (Egghead) looking for a game (in the olden days there was no pricewatch, you physically found a game, played it and then got another one).

In the store there were two shelves of some Apple 2 stuff. Boxes faces forward for easy inspection. There was about 30 boxes altogether but in addition to games the shelf also included a lot of productivity stuff like paint programs, a dozen different word processors, screen savors and clip art programs. Yep, the stone and chisel days my friends. In any event I studied the boxes and finally picked my game for my apple 2 (?) and as I was walking to the counter my eyes looked across the store and scanned the PC section. I walked over there.

For some reason the subsequent growth of the PC completely escaped me. While I was unhappy with apple for abandoning the apple 2 for the Mac, the Mac wasn't an option because there just weren't too many games for that computer. In the beginning Jobs wanted the Mac to be a business computer not a gaming toy. But as I scanned the aisles (not shelves) of PC stuff, I just couldn't believe it. There were shelves of PC games. And the adventure games had its own section. Now admittedly some of the PC games were older but I certainly hadn't played any of 'em.

I wasn't jealous. I wasn't envious. I wasn't mad. I was in my apple 2 world playing apple 2 games. I even belonged to an apple 2 club that met once a month in Los Angeles and had maybe 200 people attending. But I was closed off. Without much apple support the 2 was dying out. But when I saw the PC gaming section in the store I got excited. I put the apple 2 game back on the shelf and decided I better start saving for my next PC.

Curiously, a similar phenomena is going on in gaming stores today with PC games. Now I see there are only a couple shelves for PC stuff and most of the store is devoted to consoles. However, unlike the days of old when apple 2 games were disappearing, today it's just a matter of PC games not disappearing but being distributed digitally.

speaking of digital downloads
dungeon of the endless is available at Amazon download for $7.99
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00QIZO200/ref=s9_acsd_ri_bw_rw_DVGHPBS_p4_t?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-7&pf_rd_r=10JFPEXXT43JRTRB65ZR&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1902363502&pf_rd_i=2445220011
I like Amazon because many of the games allow you to either download directly or take a key and put it on Steam.

Not really for sale, but its time has finally come.
GOG has preorders for Grim Fandango Remastered for $14.99
due at the end of this month

http://www.gog.com/game/grim_fandango_remastered?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=game_subject&utm_campaign=grim_fandango_preorder

here's a cool link from Double fine about the game.
http://www.doublefine.com/news/comments/grim_fandango_remastered_pre-orders_now_available/

Interestingly, the game seems to be a GOG exclusive - at least for a little while . . .

Last edited:
Saints Row 2, 3, and 4 are all free to play this weekend on Steam. If you like them you can buy them for 75% off. The ultimate franchise pack is just $11.

Want something more cerebral? Civilization: Beyond Earth is free this weekend, too, coupled with a 40% off sale. There's also a big sale on all the old Civ games - 75% off. You can get the complete Civ 5 package for $12.50.

Want something more cerebral? Civilization: Beyond Earth is free this weekend, too, coupled with a 40% off sale.

Thanks. Skipped Beyond Earth. Now will try it out and see if its worthy. It did not get good reviews which is why I passed on it.

Warlock 2: The Exiled is 75% off ($5) if you're looking for some fantasy 4X.

Humble Bundle is having a Warhammer Game weekend Sale.

f72a1007005d8eab7d46a2b76f9d820dd4f088ea.jpg

Link - https://www.humblebundle.com/store/promo/gamesworkshop?utm_source=Tumblr&utm_medium=Link&utm_campaign=Humble%20Store%20Games%20Workshop

any good single player non-RTS game that is not from over 10 years ago?
None sorry.;)

Most of the games on sale are RTS , and a few have some RPG elements thats all. I have yet to see any RPG game made with the WarHammer license.

None sorry.;)

Most of the games on sale are RTS , and a few have some RPG elements thats all. I have yet to see any RPG game made with the WarHammer license.

With the current hipster gamer obsession with roguelikes, you'd think WarHammer Fantasy Roleplay would be the perfect license to take advantage of.

Blood Bowl isn't an RTS! I keep getting tempted to buy that game. That's a game that could really use a demo and/or free weekend.

Blood Bowl 2 should be out in another year or two.

Back
Top Bottom