Return of the Daily Smile

I guess this is why I like radiology:

2012_10_25_12_05_34_80_2012_10_29_humor_pic5b.jpg

pibbur

Another nice specialty is of course neurology: Excellent diagnostics (approaching art), and most things can't be treated, so you seldom make mistakes that matter.
We, in the Netherlands, had a horror neurologist, who was addicted to drugs and attention, who came up with the most horrific diagnoses, so he could write articles about it. Patients were put on drugs, which did not work obviously because they were suffering of something else.

Some patients killed themselves, after being told that they had a terminal disease, which they had not, or Alzheimers, which they had not, or they quit their job and sold their house, or their disease detiorated because it was not treated the proper way.

After losing his license in the Netherlands he moved to Germany, to mistreat German patients before word got out.

Imho mistakes, no matter how small they seem, from whichever -ist working in health care, are always mistakes that matter, because they have an impact on (the trust of) people.

Last edited:
We, in the Netherlands, had a horror neurologist, who was addicted to drugs and attention, who came up with the most horrific diagnoses, so he could write articles about it. Patients were put on drugs, which did not work obviously because they were suffering of something else.

Some patients killed themselves, after being told that they had a terminal disease, which they had not, or Alzheimers, which they had not, or they quit their job and sold their house, or their disease detiorated because it was not treated the proper way.

After losing his license in the Netherlands he moved to Germany, to mistreat German patients before word got out.
Terrible story with terrible consequences. We've had a few here as well, however not nearly as destructive as this.
Imho mistakes, no matter how small they seem, from whichever -ist working in health care, are always mistakes that matter, because they have an impact on (the trust of) people.

Of course. Just my macabre sene of humour.

pibbur (just pibbur)

OK Pibbur, that totally cracked me up!

Another one:

davis_id_3-1.jpg

You'll find a lot of these by googling for "science cartoons"

pibbur who may regret mentioning that, thereby endangering his (non existing) science cartoon monopoly

Don't copy that floppy rap. They just don't make these kind of videos anymore! :)

Funny, well, I had to smile. But you might be annoyed, maybe it'll even make you cringe.

Funny, well, I had to smile. But you might be annoyed, maybe it'll even make you cringe.

After having seen a couple of pleasant-but-boring "satisfying" videos: Hilarious.

pibbur who, to avoid disturbing his coworkers, must wait til after work to see all of it.

Caught in the act…. (can anyone see the gifv link?)

Last edited by a moderator:
O hey, that is weird. After I have clicked the last two links and replied to you, I see the first mp4 automatically played here on this page.

Edit.
O, Arhu was here.. eh, there. :)

Guilty, but I refuse to convict him. :p

Saw an epsiode of "Food Factory" (yes, i 'm guilty, I like programs like that). This time one of the factories presented was Soupman, and their spokes-man Larry Thomas, who some of you may know.

So I got this idea:
picture.php

pibbur who admits he may be the only one finding it funny.

PS. Of course I considered using a picture of DT. DS.

Last edited:
Before there were pythons:

Then

And after all that:

pibbur who is certain that the number of accountants is countable

PS: In case you wonder where all those accountants in the tree came from:
magritte_golconda13.jpg

DS.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom