Couchpotato's Random RPG News

Does Anyone Read This Thread for News?

• Yes

Votes: 53 89.8%
  • No

Votes: 6 10.2%

• Total voters
Huh? The most intriguing part of the article is the one that says "Starfield is set to release on PC and Xbox Series X/S on November 11." Is that true? Have they annouced it before? I don't recall this being covered here. Or perhaps it's just a 'placeholder date'???

They formally announced that date sometime ago.

Mass Effect Andromeda was a good game that didn't deserve half of the crap people flung at it, but a masterpiece? Nah.

Agreed, it would have better ratings if they had not had "Mass Effect" in the name.

Weird West - Road to Weird West: Episode 4

The fourth video in the Road to Weird West series focuses on the frontier laws of the Weird West, from interactions with the world's notorious lawmen, to making allies and creating adversaries.
Sifu Sells One Million Copies - VG 24/7
Sifu is doing rather well. It has sold over one million copies since its release on February 8. The game has also seen over 10 million hours played, and 45% of players have completed the challenging second level. Over 150,000 players have already learned enough Kung Fu to beat Yang, the game's main antagonist, and some have even reached reached Wude, the true ending of the game.
Midnight Suns: Everything We Know - PCGamer
Midnight Suns isn't your usual superhero game. Hungry for Marvel heroes in action, but exhausted by the relentless psychic onslaught of the Marvel cinematic universe? Are you wondering what Wolverine would look like if his costume was imbued with potent magicks? You’re in luck, true believer: Firaxis unveiled Marvel’s Midnight Suns at GamesCom 2021, promising some demon-hunting quality time with your favorite heroes as you enter the “darker side of the Marvel universe.” Spooky!

As you’d expect from the XCOM developers, Marvel’s Midnight Suns is a turn-based tactical RPG. But here, you’ll find superheroic cards in place of aliens and hit-chance percentages. It’s drawing from team-up comic stories dating back to the '90s that pit Marvel heroes against demonic forces. Aesthetically, it’s a little Marvel-meets-Diablo. Expect sorcery and evil tomes. And vampires, probably, because Blade is there

Here’s everything we know about Marvel’s Midnight Suns.

Talking of Weird West, the publisher has released a longer video with gameplay commented by the devs, like they did months ago except this time it's a little more on the dark fantasy part of the setting - don't watch with kids around ;).

Gameplay means potential spoilers, so don't watch if you don't want to see any part of the game before its release.

EDIT: I like Rafael's comment: "I like to feel that there's more to it that what I'm told to do, and that I can get away with things that I'm not supposed to do.", which illustrates the philosophy of Arkane games, and of this first WolfEye's game.

Last edited:
That New Yorker article is quite good. Miyazaki himself articulates the why of his games, and I recommend anyone confused about the appeal of those games to read it.

I just read through it; I can recommend it, too.

Gamedec DLC Character Reveal - Steam
Who did you want to be when you were a kid? A professional gamer playing the Goodabads wreaking havoc among the enemy ranks? A V-Runner with a great sense of justice catching bad guys? Or a famous actress bathing in glitz and glamour? Dafne Bennet was it all. She spent most of her childhood treasure hunting, fighting beasts, and solving mysteries. She lived through all the lives of heroes from holomovies and infolias.. But not her own.
King Arthur: Knight's Tale Story and Lore Interview - NeocoreGames
Narrative designer Viktor Juhász answers the most important questions on behalf of the Story Team - seven questions about the story and the lore of our upcoming game.
Forspoken Delayed - Twitter
We've made the decision to move the release date of Forspoken to October 11, 2022. Our vision for this exciting new IP is to deliver a game world and hero that gamers across the globe will want to experience for years to come, so getting it right is extremely important to us. To that end, during the next few months we will focus all of our efforts on polishing the game and can't wait for you to experience Frey's journey this fall.

Thank you for your understanding and continued support. We look forward to sharing more about Forspoken with you soon.
Five More Years of Content for Fallout 76 Planned - AusGamers
The funny thing is if I could share what's on this other monitor right here, you would love to see it because it's a five-year roadmap that I'm working on. We have long term plans, and things get a little fuzzier the further we go out because we adjust and adapt as things show up and we see what players want and what they're doing. But, a lot of my time right now is spent on planning that three and five-year roadmap. The three-year roadmap is a lot more understood and known, at five-years it gets a little more fuzzy, but we're dedicated to updating [Fallout 76].
Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire is no longer coming to Nintendo Switch -RPGSite
The reasoning for the cancelation has not been stated. However, for the Nintendo Switch release of the original Pillars title, Versus Evil is on record stating that hardware limitations prevented the publisher from providing sought-after updates on the game's performance. Perhaps similar struggles have contributed to the decision to cancel the sequel's port on the platform.

Assassin's Creed Valhalla: First 15 Minutes of Dawn of Ragnarok Expansion

Become a god in the third expansion for Assassin's Creed Valhalla: Dawn of Ragnarok. In this new adventure, you'll delve further into Eivor's story as they take on the role of Havi to try and track down their son Baldr.
SKALD: Against the Black Priory Video Blog - Level Editor

I mix things up a bit with a Video Blog! I might make this a monthly thing if it works out.
BioSynth: Rising - Update: Bad News and Good News
Are you ready for some news about BioSynth: Rising?

We got bad news and good news.

Let's start with the bad news: we decided to delay the demo 0.1 (the demo that we would play inside our team to test things) a little bit to take care of some development aspects.

We already have everything to complete the demo 0.1: the dialogs are written, the quests are ready to be placed into the engine, all the features work and all the assets are completed.Then, why are we delaying the demo 0.1?

In the last post we showed the dialog for an NPC involved in a simple side quest. It seems quite complex, doesn't it?

Forspoken Worlds Collide Gameplay Trailer

Frey is pushed to her limit in the strange and cruel land of Athia. She must use her magic-enhanced combat and parkour abilities to survive against the fearsome, twisted creatures that lurk in the Break.
Forspoken: Exclusive Spells and Combat Gameplay

In our first exclusive 4K gameplay video, we're showing off some of the spells protagonist Frey Holland will be using during her adventure through Forspoken!
Tiny Tina's Wonderlands Season Pass - NewsRoom

Each of the four new content drops begins in Dreamveil Overlook, where the enigmatic fortune teller Vesper awaits an audience. Peer into the Mirrors of Mystery she oversees and you’ll be whisked away to illusionary environments, each consisting of five levels to fight through followed by a fearsome new boss encounter. Each Mirror of Mystery content drop will be available for individual purchase, but you can punch your ticket to all four with the Season Pass.

The DioField Chronicle is the next tactical RPG from Square Enix

An all new Tactical RPG with a deep and engaging story brought to life with a stellar cast, mesmerizing soundtrack, and introducing the new "Real-Time Tactical Battle" system (RTTB).
Star Dynasties: Bloodlines DLC Releassed - Steam

The first DLC for Star Dynasties is here! Bloodlines will give you the ability to design your own starting family, raise your children by assigning them a guardian, use them as political pawns, change the heir of your house, and invest in a persistent set of Bloodline upgrades� for you and your kin.

New EA Patent Could Be Big for Mass Effect 4 and Dragon Age 4 - ComicBook
A new EA patent has surfaced online, and the technology it protects could play a substantial role in shaping future games from EA and its studios, particularly BioWare, which is currently working on a new Mass Effect game and Dragon Age 4. The patent in question involves NPC behavior, and, more specifically, equipping NPCs with the ability of self-learning, which in turn would permit NPCs to adapt to the decisions the player is making. Of course, NPCs reacting to the decisions players make isn't a revolutionary idea nor a new one. If you play a Renegade Shepard in the Mass Effect games, NPCs react differently to you compared to a Paragon Shepard. They do this though because of precise scripting on the behalf of BioWare.
What the hell is a Souls-like? - GamesRadar
We've seen lots of genres explode in the last decade, from autobattlers to battle royales, but none quite as singular, impenetrable, or arguably misused as Souls-like. I don't know what a Souls-like is at this point. I think I do, but you'd probably disagree. Everyone seems to have their own definition, and plenty hold no opinion at all "how lucky they are". I should know; I've stewed on this for years. So with Elden Ring about to reignite Souls discourse for at least six months, I really wanted to put this topic to bed now, or at least try to.

I couldn't do it alone, so I spoke to a whole bunch of developers who've made games that are widely described (or self-described) as Souls-likes to ask what this sub-genre means to them and whether Souls-like is a good label for us to use at all.
Knights of the Old Republic Remake May Be a Double-Edged Lightsaber - GameRant
In September 2021, a surprise teaser trailer confirmed Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic - Remake was in the works. While fans of all stripes rejoiced at the news, remakes are generally a source of cautious optimism. After all, there is no shortage of poorly received remakes like Resident Evil 3 and Secret of Mana. As such, concerns loom over how the Knights of the Old Republic remake will be handled, especially for its iconic main character Revan.
SWTOR - Combat Styles Shine Bright In Legacy Of The Sith Expansion - MMORPG
Last month's highly anticipated expansion to Star Wars: The Old Republic, entitled Legacy Of The Sith (a.k.a. 7.0), was received with less than favorable fanfare. The update seemed to make more enemies than friends for many reasons. Personally, given the types and number of overarching systems changes the team made, there were bound to be some issues.

Is Dawn of Ragnarök going to be the last DLC? Seems like you would want something following "Dawn." (Probably not Teatime of Ragnarök)

Last Epoch Q&A Dev Stream

Last Epoch developer Mike enjoys some Last Epoch while taking questions from the community.
Masquerade - Swansong How Narrative Meets Role-playing - Xbox Wire
What if vampires were real? What if these bloodthirsty predators lived hidden among us, meticulously and skillfully hatching plans over the centuries? And what if you became one of them? That's the world of Vampire: The Masquerade Swansong, a narrative RPG in which your choices determine the fate of our three main characters, and the entirety of Boston's vampiric society.
Dungeons & Dragons Gold Box Games Coming to Steam
If you wouldn't mind having a whole heap of Gold Box games in your Steam library, come March 25, 2022 you'll be able to purchase a number of bundles on Valve's digital store. These include the Krynn, Ravenloft and Dark Sun series, Eye of the Beholder, and more. The Steam version of these games will feature a special launcher, enhanced DOSBox support, and some quality of life add-ons.
Elden Ring Interview - Part 1 & Part 2
Elden Ring director Miyazaki Hidetaka discussed the game in an interview in the 10 March 2022 issue of Weekly Famitsu.
Corven: Path of Redemption Additional info & Latest Update - Kickstarter
I'm Going To Hate The Next Decade Of Open World Games - TheGamer
Elden Ring is going to change the face of video games forever. While few will adopt the mega-tough boss battles or obtuse menu systems, and might not even be prepared to trust their playerbase enough with such a hands off approach to storytelling, Elden Ring's influence will still be felt. After years of growing increasingly frustrated and bored with open world maps stuffed with quest markers, Breath of the Wild came along and offered more freedom than we'd seen before on such a grand scale. It's why Ghost of Tsushima and Horizon Forbidden West, both great games in their own right, feel dated and played-out. While titles like Genshin Impact, Immortals Fenyx Rising, and even Forbidden West with its gliding and climbing have taken inspiration from Breath of the Wild, Elden Ring is the first to build on BOTW's foundations, not just steal flowers from its garden. Given both are critical darlings, that means we're going to feel their influence for the next decade or so.

Almost forgot this little bit of news. Thanks to the codex for asking about a possible next gen version of Kingdom Come, Warhorse responded no but mentioned a new project.

xRQ5ye7.jpg

Been wondering what happened to Warhorse, thanks!

It's obvious it will be Kingdom Come Deliverance 2 given the first games ending.:)
Is Dawn of Ragnarök going to be the last DLC? Seems like you would want something following "Dawn." (Probably not Teatime of Ragnarök)
Yes it should be the last DLC. Though I remember a news-bit that mentioned they had ideas for more DLC. It will be sold as a complete stand-alone game instead.

Link - https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/ub...sassins-creed-valhalla-spin-off-rumour-claims

Almost forgot this little bit of news. Thanks to the codex for asking about a possible next gen version of Kingdom Come, Warhorse responded no but mentioned a new project.

Didn't that game have severe performance issues, even on high-end systems, and bugs? They'd have to do a serious work to port it on console. Unless it's been addressed since then.

Didn't that game have severe performance issues, even on high-end systems, and bugs? They'd have to do a serious work to port it on console. Unless it's been addressed since then.

That's why I sometimes buy games and think into the far future : "One day I MIGHT be able to play them, seamlessly !" Until the OS is outdated and no longer supported, that is. Happened to me a few times, too.

Back
Top Bottom