The Mandate

O_O

This… This… I better not say… Isn't considered vaporware/scamware any more?

I still remember why I said no in the first place, it was easy to find it:
So it's in fact MMO. I'll pass, althouh I liked the third person on the pic.
Yup. The problem with games market is that publishers/devs dictate what everyone will buy. That's plain wrong. I don't want to buy/support/fund:
- MMOs (that includes coop games, I don't care those MMOs include optional singleplayer)
- grinders
- free2scam scandals
- phonegames (unless they'll be ChaosRings2 or Sacred Odyssey clones)
- base cheap/poor game that will later sell DLC or a game with season scams

Of course other ppl will want to fund those, and will state they'll fund 'em and why. I just couldn't be silent so now it's clear that not everyone wants coop games.

It was never an MMO Joxer. :p

Anyway due to money troubles and the time needed to develop all the features, the developer has decided not to implement any online play. It pissed off the backers.

Now as for the game it's definitely raising a red flag due to all the problems. I have always said something was wrong, and the various updates just reinforced my opinion.

I still remember a certain member defending the delays when I pointed out they were a year behind. Now two years later it turns out I was right all along.

I'll finish by saying the game still has promise, and I hope it gets finished.

Last edited:
It was MMO. Refusing to admit it doesn't make it nonMMO.

Didn't know developer decided to switch it into singleplayer later. If I did, I'd maybe toss some $ into it.
Too late for that now, I don't trust MMO developers.

It was never an MMO, Joxer. Refusing to admit that doesn't make it an MMO.

I would not have backed this if it had been an MMO. Then again, your definition of what an MMO is is different from the generally accepted definition.

True, my definition is internet required for MP = MMO as it's massive medium, garage LAN enough for MP = not MMO.

True, my definition is internet required for MP = MMO as it's massive medium, garage LAN enough for MP = not MMO.

Hm, are there still many new games that support LAN-only MP? I would say no, but then I don't really pay attention honestly.

So, a co-op game that requires an internet connection is MMO then, by your definition, even if it only involves 2 players and is not "massive" by any definition of the word?

Apologies for the OT. :)

If it supports both LAN and MP over internet then it isn't MMO.
For example Saints Row 4 isn't MMO. You can coop in LAN, but also over internet. Your choice, but the publisher in this case doesn't insist you use internet and their dedicated server only - which could make multiplayer impossible in the future when they shut down the same server. I should have said if a publisher can kill your game by shutting a server, then it's MMO.

It's not OT.

Lots of single player games have drm that require internet connection. Does this make them all MMO (even though only one person is playing) since the publisher can temp or permantly disable the game by shutting down a server ?

1. No.
2. There is no DRM that can't be cracked after a while if for example Origin suddenly goes off line and we can't play ME3 any more because of that.
3. If you're talking about Diablo3, that's just one singleplayer game that requres internet connection all the time, not lots of them. Never saw anything similar and am not buying such insult.

Don't know where that idea about MMO came from but certainly not from what was sold to us at the beginning.
Looks like a pile of crap now, MMO or not though.

It appears that the new Denvuo (spelling) requires internet connection for the game to run. For example Tales of B won't work if you can't talk to their server.

1. No.
2. There is no DRM that can't be cracked after a while if for example Origin suddenly goes off line and we can't play ME3 any more because of that.
3. If you're talking about Diablo3, that's just one singleplayer game that requres internet connection all the time, not lots of them. Never saw anything similar and am not buying such insult.

Eh? Wasn't that the case with previous Denuvo too? IIRC DA:I was not possible to start if you're off line, after you start it at least once, you can play it off line whenever you want but I really can't remember and my PC is always online anyway so can't be sure. :(

But it's silly not to let the game run offline after the first start if you ask me, it's basically Diablo3 alwaysonline DRM then why do we need Denuvo?

I'd be surprised if they implemented an always online requirement. That is always immensely unpopular, and using strong protection like Denuvo is an alternative. If they designed their game to be always online, like Diablo 3, they wouldn't need Denuvo - some of the game logic is on the server, and it's not really feasible to crack.

Tales of Berseria has already been cracked.

Back
Top Bottom