Mass Effect: Andromeda - Launch Trailer

Sure, but unlike other tax related provinces, for whatever reason, you often get the best talent there and not mediocrity! :D

a) No. Some are. Most aren't.

a) Actually, most are. I see you haven't been there. Even if you're squarehead, you'd better learn French quick if you want decent service.

Part two of that answer is localization. You can quickly create your product for both English and French speaking audiences in Montreal.

b) Meh, wages are even lower in India and you're not seeing gaming masterworks coming from New Delhi.

Wages are lower in Botswana land too, but there's a reason items are not outsourced there instead of China and India. The fact is, the manufacturing industry, etc. in Canada is much more profitable in Quebec than elsewhere. The close proximity to the Universities, the population base, etc. etc. You should think before you speak.

I do not want to think before I speak because that way I'm risking being discriminative against Montreal citizens subconsciously although they have more talent than… Me? Okay. Let's use that. Me. The place I live in. People in that place. I admit. They do. If I start thinking, I'd perhaps start proving they don't, so would pull taxes, language and other stuff out. But they do. They are. More talented. Regardless of $.

Its a self fulfilling prophecy. Like Silicon Valley.
Tax incentives promote corporate interest.
Employment attracts talent.
Talent leads to growth.
Growth leads to supporting infrastructure.
Leads to more corporate and talent attraction.

Do you really think Detroit was king of the automobile industry at one time because of their nationality?1

Using the cinema analogy, you could basically say Bioware is Hollywood and CDPR is a famous mainstream european film maker.

Something like that, I guess.

No.
This is from PAX east betatest.
ueaUXqT.jpg

Aka, I don't see mushrooms.

Then let's just leave it at teen casuals. :D

I do not want to think before I speak because that way I'm risking being discriminative against Montreal citizens subconsciously although they have more talent than… Me? Okay. Let's use that. Me. I admit. They do. If I start thinking, I'd perhaps start proving they don't, so would pull taxes, language and other stuff out. But they do. They are.

LOL

Its a self fulfilling prophecy. Like Silicon Valley.
Tax incentives promote corporate interest.
Employment attracts talent.
Talent leads to growth.
Growth leads to supporting infrastructure.
Leads to more corporate and talent attraction.

Do you really think Detroit was king of the automobile industry at one time because of their nationality?1

Yes. Logistics matter. Montreal, for example, is closer to the East Coast than say, Vancouver or Edmonchuk. Both Montreal and Detroit have shipping ports in the great lakes region.

Wait, so, you agree with me that the concentration of talent in Montreal is abnormally high? For reasons we don't have to agree, who cares about choices if consequences are effectively positive.

So... When do we start packing? :D

Wait, so, you agree with me that the concentration of talent in Montreal is abnormally high? For reasons we don't have to agree, who cares about choices if consequences are effectively positive.

So… When do we start packing? :D

There is plenty of english only talent there. There is also a lot of contract work based there. If you have the skills apply. Laws can dictate how much contract work can be done out of province, but there are a fair amount of loopholes to that as well.

Montreal is the only EA sub-office whose workings I can condone.

I still have nightmares over this piece of s…

It's the only DVD I've ever thrown into trash. Me, #1 fan of the franchise.

I dont think that Andromeda will be that bad, but to be sure… just dont buy Andromeda on DVD and everything will be fine, joxer. :)

On a serious note, and thanks to different actual questions replied by devs on PAX I have no fear it's Titanfall 2 design any more - my initial thoughts happened thanks to pushing Andromeda Initiative, announcing multiplayer betatest etc., if devs didn't dismiss it and if happened it's true, I wouldn't buy the game ever.
The singleplayer is supposed to be dozens and dozens hours of exploration.

Another fear I had was the bloody ME2/DAI sonar. From PAX vids again, it's obviously not needed to use it all the time and everywhere, plus it seems they got the whole thing right - it's not a tool for grinding stuff but adds to the lore!

Third Pax thing is that second loyalty mission. Humor and not stiff serious crap from trailers. Gimme more!

Some new things I learned too, that I don't like.
Sidekicks equipment is fixed and unchangeable. Yup. WTF. Ah, well, better that than having them jacks of all trades like the main protagonist. Also, you can't wake up all colonists by any means due to some Nexus cap. Which means it's player's decision who will be left in permanent coma by the end of the game. Not liking it, on the other hand it's choices and consequences I guess…
Faces and hair was still horrible in PAX vids, but okay, not every game can be TW3. Also, I think you can't swim in ME4 either, noone asked, but in some vid the player only walked through some water. Such a waste…

The only thing I'm not so sure about is if MMO grind can guarantee win in our singleplayer game. My purchase now depends only on that.

There is RPG in MMORPG, unless you stop reading at the three first letters…
I usually do. :) In any case, I chose the term RPG intentionally to not include SWTOR.

and SWTOR is basically a single player game anyway.
No way, I played plenty of SWTOR and at no time did it ever feel like a legit single player game IMO. Then again, DA:I didn't either at times. :lol:

http://www.vg247.com/2017/03/14/mas...saction-prices-revealed-can-go-as-high-as-80/

We only have UK prices at the moment, since ShopTo is the only place selling them for now. That said, it’s not hard to speculate how the US and Euro prices are going to be.

Here’s how many points you get in every pack:
•500 points – £3.95
•1020 points – £7.96
•2150 points – £15.95
•3250 points – £24.95
•5750 points – £39.95
•12,000 points – £79.96

Andromeda Points are used to buy blind loot boxes which contain an assortment of in-game weapons and boosts. It’s not clear, however, how many boxes we’ll be able to get for say, 500 points.

I thought ME4 is not Candy Crush Saga. Trivia, how many lollipops you can buy with 80 pounds sterling?

MilkCowLevels.gif

I am wondering what you guys and girls think about this:

tzFCU3d.png

Personally i think "it is just a game" but also "its 2017", ie video game artists should have gender proportions correct by now. At what point should we expect realistic proportions in RPGs?

It is being streamed right now.
Eh? No I'm not interested in streams (spoilerrrrrrrrs!). I'm interested if those garbage gambling boxes obtainable with real $ can also net you campaign win through MMO rewards.

And I'm interested in performance on normal PC… Oh wait, got my answer. ;)
http://wccftech.com/mass-effect-andromeda-pc-version-seems-well-optimized-according-reports/

Mass Effect Andromeda is a little over a week away, and producer Michael Gamble confirmed today that the game is in the hands of reviewers. While they obviously aren’t allowed to talk too much about their experience with the game right now, some of them shared some interesting details regarding the PC release.

Reddit user GamingTrend shared a few hours ago some details on the Mass Effect Andromeda PC version performance, noting how the game runs well at High settings on a GTX 980M GPU.

Additionally, the user set everything at Ultra and managed to play the game at 45-60 FPS. With NVIDIA still having to release new drivers, things are definitely looking good.
Good to know it's not "GTX 1060 needed for 30FPS!" as EA's useless helpdesk site suggested.

I've noticed abnormal hips and bellies, but it's EA game, and we already saw Hollywood plastic before (Miranda), so…
Here's hope modders will make people look normal.

tzFCU3d.png

Personally i think "it is just a game" but also "its 2017", ie video game artists should have gender proportions correct by now. At what point should we expect realistic proportions in RPGs?

Sorry to tell you that, but the right image isn't about realistic body proportions. It act as if hourglass was the only shape female could have and ignore all the other body shapes that exist in real life.

Also, it's comparing an armored orthographic projections with a naked 2d image.

Sorry to tell you that, but the right image isn't about realistic body proportions. It act as if hourglass was the only shape female could have and ignore all the other body shapes that exist in real life.

Also, it's comparing an armored orthographic projections with a naked 2d image.
Bah the female NPC's looked the same with DA:I. So mannish women for everyone once again. At least they don't look like the plastic dolls they made for Dragon Age 1 & 2.
it's EA game, and we already saw Hollywood plastic before (Miranda), so…Here's hope modders will make people look normal.
Hopefully it is as simple as changing a couple of files.
Probably wont be easy without third party tools once again, as BioWare hates mods. Just look at Mass Effect 3, and DA:Inquisition for examples on how mods are installed.

Back
Top Bottom