Turn Based Lovers - Keep an Eye on It: 5 Turn-Based RPGs

Tyrant's Blessing seems to be fun! :)

That does look more interesting than the others in this video. He mentions it's similar to Into the Breach though which gives me pause. That game is more like a series of puzzles than strategic combat.

Now that you mentioned it, yes it seems like Into the Breach. But I JUST don't know why, I was thinking about SNES Ogre Battle: The March of the Black Queen when I saw this Tyrant's Blessing video :)

Last edited:
Zip...nada...nothing appeals to me this time.:(

Last edited:
I really liked the idea of into the Breach, but while the mechanics of the game worked well, I felt it has poor pacing and lacked a good metagame/campaign structure. So I'd be very interested to see another take on it.

I'm also a big fan of deck building roguelikes like one of the other games in the video (can't remember the name), but the market has been getting more saturated with mediocre ones and there's nothing about this one that stands out.

That does look more interesting than the others in this video. He mentions it's similar to Into the Breach though which gives me pause. That game is more like a series of puzzles than strategic combat.
Mee too. :D
Into the Breach was surprisingly playable, despite the tiny boardgame size.

But TBL should have mentioned the real turn-based sensations that appear to be made really well and look fantastic:

ANGELIC

Ragtag Crew

Back
Top Bottom