Last Epoch - Video Review

Ah yes another online Diablo clone if I remember? Note my lack of enthusiasm.

Ah yes another online Diablo clone if I remember? Note my lack of enthusiasm.

All ARPGs are pretty much the same. I played Last Epoch for a while, stopped so I wouldn't get sick of it as I did PoE, and I like it. It does many things extremely well and the combat imo is very fluid and satisfying.

All ARPGs are pretty much the same. I played Last Epoch for a while, stopped so I wouldn't get sick of it as I did PoE, and I like it. It does many things extremely well and the combat imo is very fluid and satisfying.

I grabbed it and Wolcen at the same time and I preferred LE over the other by quite a bit. Wolcen was much prettier, but LE seemed more like a fleshed out game.

I grabbed it and Wolcen at the same time and I preferred LE over the other by quite a bit. Wolcen was much prettier, but LE seemed more like a fleshed out game.

My impression as well. I was rather disappointed in Wolcen after having waited what seemed like forever for it to be finally released. I had actually preferred the very early build over what they wound up with.

Agree just seems these games haven't changed much since the first Diablo was a success. I personally prefer Grim Dawn over most of the others on the market right now.

My impression as well. I was rather disappointed in Wolcen after having waited what seemed like forever for it to be finally released. I had actually preferred the very early build over what they wound up with.

I did as well. The open world and some of the early content they had was great. Then they came back and made a pretty D3 clone. It's still a decent game, but they also managed to fundamentally fail on everything the game promised. Nt unhappy I own it, maybe updates will make it better.

I am liking the development of Last Epoch so far. It is really an alpha still and so much not in there yet.

I know a lot here don't fancy ARPGs much, but I prefer them actually to turn based games which tend to wear me down. I don't enjoy 15 minute tactical battles. I got really bored in D:OS and never really tried the sequel. I would say I prefer RT>RTWP>TB.

It's pretty good, and most of my suggestions are being taken seriously. It first threw me that movement was bound to the left mouse button, and attacking to the right. I hope they simplify the UI in a way that makes sense, and add a few more abilities to each class, rather than just numerical increments and a frontload of semi-derivative skills.

Back
Top Bottom