Sui Generis

BoboTheMighty

SasqWatch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Kq4lf4W-fE

Heard a few good things recently about this coming kickstarter...Seems it's based on procedural animations, giving you far more control with your actions and fights against other AI far less predictable.
So far it looks a bit rough ( animations, targetting and movement), but damn this looks promising.
Anyone here tried this for some first hand experience?

I remember backing this years ago, since lost access to that mail account x) Will prolly pick it up anew if it ever releases.

This kickstarter was quite a while back and there still isn't a game to show for it. Just that same drunken combat simulation. That has been out for a long time. They finally released the simulator as a game and called it Exanima. The developer used to post here, but the rabid fans ran him off. Look for posts by Madoc if you want to learn some background.

The thing I don't get is why they went with isometric, point and click game play. Wouldn't this work better with controller and typical, over the shoulder camera?
I remember Gothic I had that control scheme where you had to hold the direction keys and press attack at the end of each animation.
It was clumsy and took a while of getting used to, but you also had way better sense of control over your attacks.
Something similar, I think, would work better for what they're trying to do here.

I agree Bobo, the over the shoulder camera would probably look and work better. Being isometric won't stop me from playing it though, it looks to have some good potential.

I think it's an approach worth trying.
But they vastly underestimated how much time it yould take to develop it to an acceptable state. Thus they so far couldn't develop mich more than a combat simulator until now.
Still a long way to go until an actual game.
I'll definitely give it try on release.

Back
Top Bottom