Venetica - Review @ Destructoid

Dhruin

SasqWatch
The bad run of reviews for Venetica continues with Destructoid handing down 3/10 in their critique (X360 version):
Despite the simplistic story, the dialog used by both Scarlet and the NPCs is also pretty horrific, it is tragically written, lack luster and I would even call it condescending which in turn makes the characters feel 2D. It is almost impossible to feel anything towards the characters. Early on, the game sees the death of two traveling companions. Naturally, this is supposed to be one of those dramatic moments when you are supposed to feel something, but because the characters lack any development it is actually a relief to no longer have to speak to them. The voice acting also matches the abysmal writing, the moment Scarlet opens her mouth it pretty much sets you up for the rest of the game. The voices end up being a mix and match of stereotypical accents that sound poorly recorded and conversations and chopped together and feel abrupt, they lack a natural flow which makes me want to skip as many conversations as possible.
More information.

These reviewers obviously didn't play the same game i did. It's mind boggling how many bad reviews this great game is getting. Makes no sense.

These reviewers obviously didn't play the same game i did. It's mind boggling how many bad reviews this great game is getting. Makes no sense.

I agree. I had much fun with Venetica, tho it was the German version. I really loved the game and would have given 8/10 for sure.

Venetica certainly wasn't a great game, but it was a LOT better than a 3/10.

I can't click that and give Destructoid a hit, I hate that site.

Their reviews for anything that isn't super polished mainstream action are always insulting.

Back
Top Bottom