Does Anyone Read This Thread for News?

• Yes

Votes: 53 89.8%
  • No

Votes: 6 10.2%

• Total voters
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Official Complete Edition Next Gen Update Trailer

The long-awaited PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC next-gun update for The Witcher 3 is almost here. Check out a brand new trailer showing some of things you can expect when The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt updates for free on December 14.
The Witcher 3 Next-Gen Is More Than Just a Visual Upgrade

CD Projekt Red has finally shared gameplay footage of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series versions, also revealing every upgrade coming to the next-gen version of the 2015 RPG. Striking Distance Studios has announced the contents of The Callisto Protocol's Season Pass will have several player death animations locked behind a paywall. Studio Onoma, formerly known as Square Enix Montreal, announced that it will be removing several games from the App Store and Google Play Store, including Deus Ex Go, Hitman Sniper: The Shadows, Arena Battle Champions, and Space Invaders: Hidden Heroes.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Next-Gen Update Full Presentation

Learn more about the upcoming The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Next-Gen Update in the latest CD Projekt REDStream. We learn more about the various graphical upgrades, quest updates, new features and much more. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Next-Gen Update is free for those who own the game already and will be playable December 14th, 2022.
The Elder Scrolls 6 is only a ‘mid-size’ game in Microsoft’s eyes - VG 24/7
You don't think any of the RPG juggernauts from Bethesda (Fallout, Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls Online, et al) would be mid-size, right? They're too big, too well-known, released on too many formats. The last we heard, Skyrim alone had sold 30 million copies – and that was in 2016. Mid-size, indeed.

So it's quite surpising, then, to see that Microsoft is keen to say that the successor to Skyrim, widely regarded as one of the most successful games of all-time, is a 'mid-size' game.

The quote comes from Microsoft's response to a study from the UK's department of Competition and Markets Authority, which is trying to decide whether or not the tech giant's takeover of Activision Blizzard is healthy for the video game market.
King Arthur: Knight's Tale Update Adds New Mini-Campaign - TechRaptor
The newly-released King Arthur: Knight's Tale update and DLC adds in a new optional Skirmish mode to the game, bringing three mini-scenarios. There's The Trials of Sir Tewelyn, which is free, and two others that are not. They are The Painted Devils and Rogues and Renegades, which can be acquired for $4.99 each. That's not even mentioning the new difficulty level added to the game, 3 achievements for each mini-scenario, and other changes and fixes. Let's discuss them all, shall we?

Obsidian Talks Grounded 1.0 Release, Inspirations, & Future Plans

It’s been hard not to be charmed by what Obsidian Entertainment has been putting together for a few years with Grounded. The game entered early access in July 2020, offering a “Honey I Shrunk the Kids” sandbox survival experience. You play as a child that's been to about the size of an ant as you traverse a yard full of insects, arachnids, and scientific mystery. While Grounded may be rather tough for the lone wanderer and leave something to be desired in terms of equipment variety, it certainly doesn’t lack for thrills, co-op fun, and a wonderfully unique environment to explore.
Achilles: Legends Untold Inventory Addition & New Locations - Steam
A while has passed since our last DevLog, and the time is due for a new entry. Buckle up, we have some things to go over!

We're working hard at developing existing and new mechanics, fixing issues and testing out upcoming things. There's much, much more to show you regarding this process. This time however we have a few ready elements to showcase, here they are!
New filing indicates Elder Scrolls 6 may be Xbox exclusive - Gamedeveloper
In that filing, Microsoft refers to the fantasy RPG as a "mid-size game," and therefore justifying its potential isolation from PlayStation or Nintendo consoles. That classification puts the title in the same territory as Minecraft, which has remained multiplatform since Microsoft acquired it in 2014.

Should Microsoft lock off The Elder Scrolls VI to Xbox, it would arguably be one of the biggest selling points for the Xbox ecosystem and its Game Pass service. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim has had a long lifespan over the past 11 years, and its direct sequel would serve as a strong driver to buy Xboxes, or for PC players to become Game Pass subscribers.
New Arc Line Development Update - Reddit
After a new wave of Russian attacks, the darkness have descended on Kyiv. Regular blackouts, no street lighting in many places, with people carrying flashlights or just their mobile phones with lights on to navigate around.

But in Dreamate office, there’s still light. We have installed a generator to keep the engines running. Looks like we’re creating our Dieselpunk world with the power of a real Diesel engine!

The world of New Arc Line is getting more and more fleshed out. We are building the city, simulating the day/night cycle, and populating its streets awaiting your glorious arrival.

Hogwarts Legacy ASMR Video Reveals Gorgeous Environments

Take in the crisp autumn air during a peaceful morning around the neighbouring overlands beyond Hogwarts. In-game footage - Work in progress
Wo Long Fallen Dynasty Devs Reason Removing Stamina Bar - SirusGaming
Game Director Fumihiko Yasuda and Producer Masaaki Yamagiwa recently discussed details about the new combat system for Wo Long Fallen Dynasty compared to their hit titles, NiOh and NiOh 2 in the latest issue of Play Magazin
Everspace 2 will release its final version early next year - Gamerwatch
Rockfish Games, the studio behind the development of Everspace 2, has confirmed that its spaceship combat video game will release its final version for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S and PC consoles at a time yet to be determined from the beginning of 2023. The title launched last year as early access and those behind it were pleasantly surprised to find out how popular it was, thanks in large part to its availability on Xbox Game Pass.
Dead Island 2 will have a new presentation on December 6th - Gamerwatch
Dead Island 2 suffered a new delay a few days ago and will now arrive on April 28. After so many years of waiting for this open world adventure, it is nearing at the end of its development, and Deep Silver will have a new opportunity to show the title with a new presentation that will be held on December 6.

Last edited:
Some more missed news from earlier. :biggrin:

Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader News Roundup

Alpha should be releasing later this year but as this point I doubt it. It's almost December.

Last edited:
Frozen Flame Gameplay Overview: Should You Play it?

Rather than following in the footsteps of Valheim, which focuses mostly on survival and sandbox aspects, or The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, which caters to heavy exploration, Frozen Flame aims to merge both strengths into one complete package. If you’re wondering what the game’s unique features are, then read on to find out!
Marvel's Midnight Suns - Combat Overview Trailer

It’s time to fight like Super Heroes! Learn how you’ll fight with the Midnight Suns and unleash devastating heroic moves in our combat overview video.
Eiyuden Chronicle November 2022 Update - LordsofGaming
Something we should be able to start expecting in these Eiyuden Chronicles: Hundred Heroes updates are more explanations of the mini-games and other features. Even though not a major part of the story or anything you will be able to sink hours into these. I believe soon we will start to get some minor clips of art or tidbits of mild gameplay. The release of Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes is currently still expected for 2023 around the fall. You can check it out on all platforms as well as Game Pass on day one!
Assassin’s Creed Mirage has to be smaller and shorter - PCGamesn
Assassin’s Creed has gotten too big and too broad, and to rescue the Ubisoft RPG game series, AC: Mirage needs to be shorter, smaller, and stealthier

It's an older fan who prefers they ditch the open world and RPG aspects. I've seen this opinion before. It's never going to happen as the newer games have outsold past games.

Mirage is a Valhalla DLC that was axed to release as a full game. It will be smaller. The writer should have done his research as everything he wants has already been confirmed.

The next game Codename Red is set in Feudal Japan and will be an open world RPG.

Last edited:
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Official Complete Edition Next Gen Update Trailer
Watching the trailer I am reminded again what a masterpiece this game is. My favorite game of all time. Just so much better than the TV series, which was good that too...I started a new playthrough last year on GeForce NOW since my computer can only run it with lowest settings. Got to about 1/3 of the main story. Now I got a new Xbox and miss a cross-platform save transfer feature. I don't think I want to start this one from scratch again. It's a great game but one can get fed up of Velen eventually...

Watching the trailer I am reminded again what a masterpiece this game is. My favorite game of all time. Just so much better than the TV series, which was good that too...I started a new playthrough last year on GeForce NOW since my computer can only run it with lowest settings. Got to about 1/3 of the main story. Now I got a new Xbox and miss a cross-platform save transfer feature. I don't think I want to start this one from scratch again. It's a great game but one can get fed up of Velen eventually...
It is. Many side quests are well done and linked to the story, so it's easy to get too involved. There are many others that are filler content but it's obvious and they're easy to discard. Still, it's a big game, I'm not sure I could replay it entirely, even by skipping non-essential content.

Mirage is a Valhalla DLC that was axed to release as a full game. It will be smaller. The writer should gave done his research as everything he wants has already been confirmed.
I wonder how it will be received. I share the feeling that the game should be less heavy, but I think many players enjoy the possibility of spending more time in it.

Sony Interactive Entertainment to publish ARPG Lost Soul Aside - RPGSite

We were delighted to share a brand new update with players, providing more insights into the combat system and overall game play as we build towards launch. Furthermore Sony Interactive Entertainment will be the publisher of Lost Soul Aside. With the strong support of Sony Interactive Entertainment 'China Hero Project', as well as development funding and the opportunity to bring Lost Soul Aside to a global audience, the development progress of Lost Soul Aside is steadily progressing and we are looking forward to providing more updates and details soon.
Marvel's Midnight Suns Let’s Go! - Special Message From Firaxis

It’s been a remarkable journey developing Marvels’ Midnight Suns for you.
Caves of Lore is a turn-based pixel art RPG - Official Website

What is Caves of Lore?

Caves of Lore is a turn-based CRPG that combines elements of environmental exploration and character interaction with tactical, grid-based combat. The story focuses on a small island in the world of Solamria.

What games were an influence?

Ultima 6, The Magic Candle, Buck Rogers: Countdown to Doomsday and Final Fantasy all come to mind. These are just some of the games that I grew up with, and there are elements from each in Caves of Lore.

The World of Solmaria

Solmaria is vast, but our story focuses on Emerisk, a town on the island of Springhold, and the caves beneath it. This island holds ancient civilizations and secrets, and is key to what is transpiring in the world.

Around Solmaria circle three moons, each of which cause changes in the world and hide terrible and wonderful secrets. Many things on Solmaria react to moonrise and moonfall, including monsters and heroes, spells, magical runes that lock away secrets, and even portals to other worlds.

Everything seems fairly straightforward at first. Monsters, dark lord, etc… or maybe, there is more to this story than can yet be seen…

Vagrus: The Riven Realms Project Update and Sale - Steam
This week we’re proud to reveal a little more about what our best and brightest pilgrims have been working on here at Lost Pilgrims Studio. The first major change is something we foreshadowed in a Steam post a while back – porting. We will also be covering the integration of controller support across platforms later in this post, so read on if you’d like to know more about that.
Days Gone Deserves Another Chance - GAM
Days Gone isn’t the only franchise to be left unfinished. Dead Space, Mega Man Legends, and Half-Life are some of the most notorious examples. However, over the years we’ve seen companies revive dead IPs either as remakes or remasters to test the waters to see if players would like them to return. Days Gone clearly has an audience after it launched on PC and has so much potential to give gamers a new nightmare to live through.
Epic Games Store to Offer a free game every day over Christmas? - VGC
The Epic Games Store will once again be running a promotion offering players the chance to claim a free game every day over Christmas. That’s according to Dealabs user billbil-kun, who has accurately leaked various Epic Games Store, PlayStation Plus and Xbox Game Pass promotions for over a year. In 2019, the Epic Games Store gave away 12 games over Christmas, and in 2020 and 2021 it gave away 15 free titles over the festive period.

Top RPG News of The Week

Gatewalkers Skill Based Isometric ARPG, Dark Envoy Real-Time Gameplay, Lies of P Almost Done, Assassin's Creed Valhalla Coming to Steam, Elden Ring Awards and Board Game Kickstarter, Pokemon Scarlet and Violet 10 Million Sold, The Witcher 3 4K Next Gen Update and Netflix DLC on this week of Top RPG News November 27, 2022
Dungeons & Dragons Online: Isle of Dread Soundtrack - YouTube

The Doors of Trithius A New Open World Dungeon Crawler - Steam
The Doors of Trithius is a RPG roguelike set in a randomly generated fantasy world. Fight monsters, avoid traps, collect loot, manage your wounds and more as you traverse the mysterious world of Enalia.
Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen November 2022 Newsletter
November has been an intensely productive month for us as we have been working hard to get everything ready for the next Pre-Alpha session. When is that going to be, you may ask? Here’s the good news: the next Pre-Alpha session has been scheduled for December 3rd starting at 10AM PST. This will be a 24-hour test, so make sure to get plenty of rest beforehand and take ample breaks!

The Witcher 3 Next-Gen Update vs Original Early Graphics Comparison