I gotta be honest though, I haven’t purchased a Bethesda developed game in ages… last one was Morrowind.

These sorts of things don’t inspire a lot of confidence…

You can revert to an older build on Steam as well it's just not as user friendly to do so.

Not being user-friendly is an understatement. There's no way to officially roll back to an older build on Steam. It can apparently be done though if you're willing to jump through all the hoops.

I'm just glad I own the game on both Steam and GOG. Steam use to have an easier way to download older versions of your game, and stop your game from updating.

Edited the post as my Pad keyboard is broken.Need to buy a new one.

Last edited:
GOG actually has the easier way to roll back to older versions, but this type of thing doesn't happen often enough for me to switch to GOG for modern games.

I might pick this up at GOG just so I can roll it back, lol Because good old games also lets you stop any more updates, which is nice to have. It is on sale for like $10 bucks right now.

Here's a nice surprise looks like Bethesda might not be the developer of the next Fallout.
According to a new report, Xbox knows the next Fallout game has to release sooner rather than later and is working on it. Following the release of Starfield, Bethesda Game Studios is now working on The Elder Scrolls 6. And this is what it's going to be doing for the next several years. This means the next Fallout game is probably not going to be out until the 2030s unless something changes. To this end, Xbox knows it has to change something and get something out sooner.
There is no word of how it will do this, but this is supposedly the plan, according to Xbox insider Jez Corden at least. Corden claims Xbox is "formulating plans on how to get the next Fallout sooner rather than later." Corden doesn't dive into how this will be achieved, but surely the plan is to either hand the series off to another studio for a game or expand Bethesda Game Studios to allow for it to work on Fallout 5 alongside The Elder Scrolls 6.If the former is the plan, it would probably be a spin-off, which is where Obsidian Entertainment could come into play.

Obsidian Entertainment is also owned by Xbox, and it is the only other studio besides Bethesda Game Studios to ship a Fallout game in the modern era. That game of course being Fallout: New Vegas. If Fallout 5 has to sit on ice until The Elder Scrolls 6 is out, then surely Obsidian Entertainment is put on Fallout: New Vegas 2, which may actually have more demand than a proper new Fallout. This is all just speculation though as Corden doesn't dive into these details.

Last edited:
That was easy to predict.... (and I did, in several posts here :LOL:)

I'm not that high on Obsidian anymore, but any Fallout from Obsidian will likely be a lot better than one from Bethesda, whether it's FO5 or FO:NV2 or whatever. Hopefully they get it.

Take the Starfield engine, let Josh Sawyer cook, and focus on the story. I’d be a happy camper.
Maybe it's his next project. Don't think he's told us what he's working on post-Pentiment yet? Outer Worlds 2 and Avowed aren't his.

That was easy to predict.... (and I did, in several posts here :LOL:)

I'm not that high on Obsidian anymore, but any Fallout from Obsidian will likely be a lot better than one from Bethesda, whether it's FO5 or FO:NV2 or whatever. Hopefully they get it.
I don’t get the obsidian hate on here. Weird to compare them to Bethesda… two very different creators of games.

I don’t get the obsidian hate on here. Weird to compare them to Bethesda… two very different creators of games.
Bethesda made Fallout 3 and 4, and Obsidian made FO:NV. And they're pretty similar games. So the two devs aren't all that different when they aren't trying to be. Not sure I get what you're even trying to say there.

The recent Obsidian hate is because they're making poorly-received action RPGs like Outer Worlds and Avowed, and non-RPGs like Grounded and Pentiment, instead of more CRPGs which used to be their bread and butter, and they were actually somewhat good at.

Bethesda made Fallout 3 and 4, and Obsidian made FO:NV. And they're pretty similar games. So the two devs aren't all that different when they aren't trying to be. Not sure I get what you're even trying to say there.

The recent Obsidian hate is because they're making poorly-received action RPGs like Outer Worlds and Avowed, and non-RPGs like Grounded and Pentiment, instead of more CRPGs which used to be their bread and butter, and they were actually somewhat good at.
FO: NV used the fallout 3 engine and really only went into creating a deep story since time wasn’t going to be spent building the engine.

Bethesda never could have made a game like FO: NV. Story is too central a focus. It’s like comparing Baldur’s Gate with Baldur’s Gate 2. Sure they share the engine but what made bg2 so great was the strong focus on the story rather than the engine. With Starfield and other recent releases (lol) Bethesda seem to like to make the whole damn thing together.

I guess they can make a good tv show though.

I don’t know how likely it is, but I also hope the new dev has to option to not use the creation engine. And to decide on a different perspective than first-person.
Fair assessment. I don’t know if it the genre or what but the story usually just isn’t as strong a focus for most first person rpgs vs isometric. Hard to compare the two though.

With Baldur’s Gate 3’s success maaaybe they (fallout property) could go back to roots.

But then it won’t release soon.

Avowed isn’t out yet. They are screwing the pooch with marketing it though…

Outer worlds 1 was successful monetarily. I haven’t played it. But I’d be hard pressed to say “poorly received” if they’re making another one.

Grounded wasn’t for me so fair.

Pentiment is really creative. Surprised for your hate for it.

The last “true” CRPG (per your definition I presume) they made was pillars of eternity 2 which is debatable whether that was successful… sounds like it burned out the studio or—at the very least—josh sawyer.