Enshrouded has entered Early Access.
I liked the demo, so I thought why not. Survival games are one of the genres that I think works quite well with EA.

I bought Graven. I said I was going to wait for a sale, but I found it for cheap on a third-party site. Only played it for around an hour so far, but it seems better than its review scores. Anyone who was a fan of Heretic/Hexen should check it out.

Don't normally play Early Access games, but I picked up Unforetold: Witchstone today. Played for a couple hours and I'm really liking it so far. It's definitely got a tabletop RPG feel. Rules / character creation seems very similar to D&D 5e from what I've seen. Seems very promising.

I bought Dark Souls 3 and played a little over 2 hours, just to see. I don't intend to do a full playthrough right now, but I was curious.

The controls with K+M are a little more difficult than Elden Ring: the mouse is more jerky and sometimes start rotating for no apparent reason during combat (*), and some combinations like kick and backflip are very difficult to time in comparison to ER - I wouldn't rely on that in combat. But otherwise it seems fun and still looks good for a game which is almost 8 years old.

I tend to get more easily lost without the compass and I think there's no map, so I suppose I'll have to adapt. It's not an open world, so it shouldn't be a real issue. And I have a bunch of items that I have no idea how to use. :D

(*) I think it's the auto-aim option but I need to confirm that.

DS3 was fantastic. I still need to complete the second DLC, it kind of broke me up until then.
About the lack of a map, that's how all FromSoft games were before Elden Ring. They're the sorts of smaller worlds that you really enjoy learning and memorizing, so maps really aren't needed.
Plus, a lot of the locations are so unnatural and physically impossible; they wind on themselves so much that I'm not even sure how you make a map for them, without the map outlining how ridiculous the locations are.
I once saw the DS1 world as a 3D map and it was insane. But that's how they manage the great exploration and keep you guessing as to what's behind the next corner.

The Capcom Fighters and Arcade Classics Pack on Humble Bundle.

It's highlighted by the plethora of fighting games it includes, but I bought it for some of the arcade titles I used to love as a kid. Ghosts n Goblins, Bionic Commando, Ghouls n Ghosts, Strider, Forgotten Worlds, Final Fight, etc.

I'm looking forward to seeing how well they hold up. Probably not very well, but there should be some nostalgic fun.

I just saw the trailer. Didn't even pay attention to the date, but June isn't overly soon when you consider how long it's been since ER was released. I'll probably preorder as well.
It's soon compared to the messaging they gave out recently, to quell excitement that was formed around a rumored reveal during Sony's previous event, where they said they still are a way's off or something. I was expecting that means 2025 at the earliest.
I hope there's no delay.

That DLC looks very promising (provided it's long enough, indeed EDIT: from the Eurogamer interview, it's apparently not a concern.).

Does it mean we can only start the DLC after defeating Mohg in the game, because of Miquella?

Last edited:
It's soon compared to the messaging they gave out recently, to quell excitement that was formed around a rumored reveal during Sony's previous event, where they said they still are a way's off or something. I was expecting that means 2025 at the earliest.
I hope there's no delay.
I expected late summer at the latest. There was no way it was going to be 2025.

Does it mean we can only start the DLC after defeating Mohg in the game, because of Miquella?
Good question. I'll be continuing from my endgame save, so it won't matter for me. I wish I had time to do another run from the beginning, but I have too many other games to play.

I expected late summer at the latest. There was no way it was going to be 2025.

Good question. I'll be continuing from my endgame save, so it won't matter for me. I wish I had time to do another run from the beginning, but I have too many other games to play.
I'm thinking the same, but will there be a "recommended level" though? Will we risk being OP?
I have a second character who is only 30% (at most) through. Hmmm...

I'm thinking the same, but will there be a "recommended level" though? Will we risk being OP?
I have a second character who is only 30% (at most) through. Hmmm...
It's apparently going to be endgame-level difficulty.

Expansions for previous FromSoft games are notorious for upping the difficulty - Bloodborne's The Old Hunters especially. Miyazaki stated Shadow of the Erdtree will be on a similar footing to the endgame of Elden Ring, though the general approach to challenge has not changed.

"We wanted to provide these challenging encounters and these menacing threats, and in order to do that, we wanted to give the player a lot of freedom of approach," he said. "We wanted them to feel free in how they choose and when they choose to approach and tackle these hardships."

Miyazaki specifically mentioned the infamous Malenia boss fight - an extremely tough, yet optional battle. "So players who look for that sort of challenge in our games will find a challenge on equal footing in the DLC as well," he said.

I bought The Surge - Augmented Edition. It's dirt cheap on Steam right now, and I was curious about it. I guess it's like a sci-fi Dark Souls? I've seen some claim it's even harder than FromSoft's games so idk.

I also purchased the Contra Anniversary Collection recently, and regretted it almost immediately. I used to like the series as a kid, but my memories are much different from reality. The games haven't aged very well, and it's a very lazy bundle running via emulator with no enhancements whatsoever. I'm glad I only paid a few bucks for it.