HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The DLC A Dance of Masks will be released on June 13:

A Dance of Masks DLC Date Reveal

Greetings, Pathfinders! The long-awaited A Dance of Masks DLC will be released on June 13! Wishlist the DLC to be the first to go on this new adventure. And if you have Season Pass 2, the DLC will automatically become available on release day.

A Dance of Masks is the sixth and final premium DLC for Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous in Season Pass 2, one last love letter to the Knight Commander and their loyal companions. Gather all your companions and travel back to where it all started - the city of Kenabres, destroyed and now risen from the ashes. Visit a festival, celebrate your victories, socialize with friends and loved ones, watch the fireworks... And thwart the plans of villains trying to spoil the fun!

What can you expect from the DLC?

• A new adventure will take you back to Kenabres and beyond: to a new enemy's stronghold!
  • Personal events for every companion -- you've seen them fight, now watch them have a day off;
  • A new romantic event with every romanceable companion;
  • An otherworldly arena where you can test your might against some truly mythic enemies;
  • 11 new character archetypes, a new weapon type and the ability to switch your grip on the weapon from one-handed to two-handed!
  • Fully voiced dialogues!
Take a look at the teaser trailer:

[...]
Thanks Couchpotato!

More information.

Probably one of the best games that I have never managed to finish. I keep rerolling my party and then playing through the first couple chapters of the game. Finding NPC portraits online is extremely addicting.

I'm going to do another Angel and Azata run once the DLC6 releases on June 13 :D can't wait!!

I think I will eventually play this game to completion on an easy difficulty. The battles and gameplay become such a slog after a while, with all the buffing and removing stat decreases and such.

Usually in this type of game, I enjoy playing the games on quite hard difficulties. And I would not mind replaying difficult battles a few times to learn what works. But here I started dreading not finishing a battle, since I would have to go through boring party maintenance tasks.

When the gameplay flowed, I enjoyed it, so therefore I think I could enjoy it quite a lot at easier settings.

I think I will eventually play this game to completion on an easy difficulty. The battles and gameplay become such a slog after a while, with all the buffing and removing stat decreases and such.

Usually in this type of game, I enjoy playing the games on quite hard difficulties. And I would not mind replaying difficult battles a few times to learn what works. But here I started dreading not finishing a battle, since I would have to go through boring party maintenance tasks.

When the gameplay flowed, I enjoyed it, so therefore I think I could enjoy it quite a lot at easier settings.
I usually use core rules, but WotR was more enjoyable for me without additional enemies and without criticals. These settings alone made the combat much less time consuming, yet it still was relevant part of gameplay. That worked for me.

I still havent finish the game. I made 2 serious runs (aside of several runs used to test different classes) and both I had to put aside somewhere around the demon city part.

Will make another attempt after this DLC is released. I suppose I will not need to invest in new games at least till end of the year :-D

Great more DLC to draw you back into a game I finished over six times already.

I'm sure more DLC is still on the way and I'll replay the game again.:faint:

I usually use core rules, but WotR was more enjoyable for me without additional enemies and without criticals. These settings alone made the combat much less time consuming, yet it still was relevant part of gameplay. That worked for me.

I still havent finish the game. I made 2 serious runs (aside of several runs used to test different classes) and both I had to put aside somewhere around the demon city part.

Will make another attempt after this DLC is released. I suppose I will not need to invest in new games at least till end of the year :-D
Yeah, I also quit in the demon city. Some fights that were just too punishing... :)

I have the season pass, and I think this one is included, so that's great. More stuff means more fun to be had.

I have yet to finish my first play-through.

I had an angel paladin build and got really disappointed that I couldn’t romance Arueshalae (she said she wanted to be friends; there’s something really cool about an angel romancing a demon c’mon) and got tired around act 4 because the game didn’t introduce something fresh like the previous acts had: wider map exploration, war battles, kingdom management, or a really unique area. It just plopped you back out into the world.

I had an angel paladin build and got really disappointed that I couldn’t romance Arueshalae (she said she wanted to be friends; there’s something really cool about an angel romancing a demon c’mon)
Eh you can romance Arueshalae as an Angel mythic. It just means you screwed something on the way.

and got tired around act 4 because the game didn’t introduce something fresh like the previous acts had
Act 4 is where the main plot really thickens since Act 5 is pretty much last one (Act 6 is just Threshold and reletively short).

One thing that still bothers me how they implement DLC in their games. I prefer it to be added to the game as you play, and not loaded from the main menu instead.

Hopefully they take the info from those survey's into consideration.

The battles and gameplay become such a slog after a while, with all the buffing and removing stat decreases and such.

I think you got the essence of what the problem with WotR is. I finished the game, but it took me months to finish it (500h). I won't lie, even though I love this type of game (I love OwlCat too), near the end of the game the battles felt like a chore. It was so repetitive. I don't know why they had to put so many mob fights in this game. Not only that, but the items and abilities by the end of the game become so complex and over-the-top, that every time I had a new interesting item or I had to level up, it was so difficult and complicated. A real headache. Keep in mind that this is coming from someone that has played the PF tabletop game for a few years and loves any D&Dish experience.

I think you got the essence of what the problem with WotR is. I finished the game, but it took me months to finish it (500h). I won't lie, even though I love this type of game (I love OwlCat too), near the end of the game the battles felt like a chore. It was so repetitive. I don't know why they had to put so many mob fights in this game.
I've seen the same complaint from a lot of players. I think Owlcat tried to do too much by including both real-time and turn-based modes. They should have just went with one or the other. I feel like the amount of combat is balanced for real-time, but they included turn-based to cater to more people. The end result is a game that's way too long (for many) when you play turn-based.

The end result is a game that's way too long (for many) when you play turn-based.
Simple solution - play in RTwP like me ;) It only took me about 120 hours with completionist approach.

I've seen the same complaint from a lot of players. I think Owlcat tried to do too much by including both real-time and turn-based modes. They should have just went with one or the other. I feel like the amount of combat is balanced for real-time, but they included turn-based to cater to more people. The end result is a game that's way too long (for many) when you play turn-based.
Haven't played WotR yet (waiting for the final DLC), but doesn't it let you swap between turn-based and RTwP anytime, like what they added to Kingmaker? Don't have to fully commit to one or the other like PoE2. So it doesn't seem that big of a problem, just switch to RTwP for easy fights.

Simple solution - play in RTwP like me ;) It only took me about 120 hours with completionist approach.
RTwP is what I prefer as well. :)

Haven't played WotR yet (waiting for the final DLC), but doesn't it let you swap between turn-based and RTwP anytime, like what they added to Kingmaker? Don't have to fully commit to one or the other like PoE2. So it doesn't seem that big of a problem, just switch to RTwP for easy fights.
Yes, but my point is a lot of people obviously aren't doing that. It sounds like an easy solution, but I think a lot of fans who prefer turn-based aren't willing to switch to RTwP for whatever reasons. Probably because many of them aren't comfortable with it.

Yes, but my point is a lot of people obviously aren't doing that. It sounds like an easy solution, but I think a lot of fans who prefer turn-based aren't willing to switch to RTwP for whatever reasons. Probably because many of them aren't comfortable with it.
Well, I can answer it for me personally. In terms of combat D20 is a ruleset about managing ressources . For non-trivial combat you need spell slots, potions, scrolls, wands, hit points, ability usages etc.
So for me, especially in this game, it wasn't about only winning encounters, but winning while using minimal ressources. And in RTwP I just couldn't play as efficient as in TB.

I'm also thinking about a replay when the final DLC is released. But I don't feel like messing with the the unnecessarily complex Mythic paths again, or fighting repetitive battles for 300 hours.
So I'm thinking about switching to some easy difficulty playing RTwP and just breeze through. But that would take away half of the fun...

And the there's the pointless crusade management...