Knights of the Chalice - v1.15 Released

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Knights of the Chalice has reached v1.15:
1) fixed a glitch with spell effect animations
2) fixed missing “one-half” icon in the game options screen, representing one half of maximum HP
3) Added Shift+A and Shift+S shortcuts to attack or shoot with player control returned after each attack.
4) The expanded tooltip will correctly show whether you’re going to flank the target creature (v1.14 has an error).
More information.

it's hard to decide if it's good they keep fixing stuff or it's bad that several bzbzillions of bugs have been found in a game that is certainly not being played by millions.

however my curiosity is, are they paying royalties to ultima, since they use u4-6's graphics, or maybe even engine??? :D
________
MERCEDES-BENZ OM601 ENGINE HISTORY

Last edited:
These fixes are a good thing...and upon inspection, one can see that most things are tweaks and user requests not bugs outright. So, not surprising that more user requests came to pass once the game was actually released and exposed to more users.

it's hard to decide if it's good they keep fixing stuff or it's bad that several bzbzillions of bugs have been found in a game that is certainly not being played by millions.

however my curiosity is, are they paying royalties to ultima, since they use u4-6's graphics, or maybe even engine??? :D

Thats just stupid.

Play the demo and you will see that the engine has lots of common modern UI features. (mouse over, great ingame context sensitive help, etc.) Its just the resolution thats oldschool.

Thats just stupid.

Play the demo and you will see that the engine has lots of common modern UI features. (mouse over, great ingame context sensitive help, etc.).
Since when were they modern UI features?! :p

Starting to look like instead of being right on the ball and taking care of his customer base, Pierre should have just saved all his tweaks and minor bug fixes until a month after release.

People are so used to getting buggy crap from AAA publishers, they don't know how to react to a conscientious developer. It's also funny that only people who've never played the game OR the demo complain about all the "bugs".

Thats just stupid.

Play the demo and you will see that the engine has lots of common modern UI features. (mouse over, great ingame context sensitive help, etc.) Its just the resolution thats oldschool.

sooooo modern, coming straight from ultima 4 and other games of that era. :roll:
and how would i comment, without playing the demo?

but i see it's getting late, cmon kiddos, off to bed!
no need to try and sound witty, you have to grow up first.
________
The office dicussion

Last edited:
I like the scripting. It isn't particularly modern, but the way scripts are done for fights are very well done.

Agreed, mytgroo. The combat scripts are very well done. The rest of the game is kinda tacked on, but this game focuses mostly on battles and it's nailed that down nearly perfectly. I generally don't enjoy AD&D's combat, but I love it in this game.

Agreed, mytgroo. The combat scripts are very well done. The rest of the game is kinda tacked on, but this game focuses mostly on battles and it's nailed that down nearly perfectly. I generally don't enjoy AD&D's combat, but I love it in this game.

Agreed 100% (well maybe 95%. I like AD&D combat ;))

Back
Top Bottom