Which Upcoming RPG Are You Most Anticipating?

Which Upcoming RPG Most Appeals to You?

• Arcania: Gothic 4

Votes: 13 19.1%
  • Two Worlds II

Votes: 11 16.2%
  • Fallout New Vegas

Votes: 12 17.6%
  • Deus Ex Human Revolution

Votes: 12 17.6%
  • Other (sure, go ahead and specify!)

Votes: 20 29.4%

• Total voters
It is far to be a perfect game but most best RPG have major weakness when compared to all other RPG available. It's also a matter of what is more important or less important for you, that's the main reason of preferences differences.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Well... my English might have been a bit more fluid. ;)

Alvin disappeared, with no real followup, that I could see. The squirrelly embodiment of the vision of the prime antagonist just was bizarre. No great revelation there. Unlike the ending to PS:T.

EDIT: OK, I obviously was too rushed or dense or distracted (most likely explanation) to see the Alvin connection at the end of the game. Interesting, but not sure if that counts as greatness.

Alvin disappeared, with no real followup, that I could see. The squirrelly embodiment of the vision of the prime antagonist just was bizarre. No great revelation there. Unlike the ending to PS:T.

EDIT: OK, I obviously was too rushed or dense or distracted (most likely explanation) to see the Alvin connection at the end of the game. Interesting, but not sure if that counts as greatness.
:D :D :D

No great revelation ;)?

Not like PS:T… Missing emotional depth, for me, at least.
I guess that, if I had missed the big "Gotcha!" moment of the game, I would have been less enthused, too. Given that your proponent can actually travel in time gives a bit more weight to his visions of the future.

To each their own. Like I stated earlier, every great game has that minority that doesn't "get it" for whatever reason.

I'm that way with Knights of the Old Republic. The overwhelmingly positive response to that game is enough for me to admit that it must be pretty damn good. It bored the hell out of me though, so much so that I never even attempted to play the sequel.

The Witcher EE is a very demanding game , not really meant to be played on a laptop. :)

I had zero issues on my system, and the load times were simply average.

Don't know what to say then. A bit odd that it seems to be isolated to just you. ;)

DA was generally a very smooth game though, I don't think the (actual) requirements were as high. I still haven't played NWN2 yet, but TW *should* be more demanding considering the modifications CDProjekt made to the Aurora Engine.

To each their own. Like I stated earlier, every great game has that minority that doesn't "get it" for whatever reason.
That's fine. Both, KotOR and Witcher, happen to be some of my favorite games of the decade, but I have of course no problems with other people not liking one or both of them.

The only reason why I said something in this case is because of the specific complaint, which boiled down to missing a major aspect of the main story. That's a reason for not liking a game which can be helped.

The Witcher EE is a very demanding game , not really meant to be played on a laptop. :)

I had zero issues on my system, and the load times were simply average.
The original had numerous technical quirks. Funny enough, the problems arose at chapter changes. I had to change my graphics drivers twice for the game, first in order to be able to play the 2nd chapter, a second time to be able to play the third chapter. It was weird. As if they handled each chapter with different engine specs.

It WAS very strange. Sometimes the transitions between houses and the town locales were fast and optimized. Sometimes not. But the transitions between major areas like the swamp and town were always slow.

The original had numerous technical quirks. Funny enough, the problems arose at chapter changes. I had to change my graphics drivers twice for the game, first in order to be able to play the 2nd chapter, a second time to be able to play the third chapter. It was weird. As if they handled each chapter with different engine specs.

I never played the original (non-EE) release other than the demo, but I heard about some of those technical issues, as well as the horrible dialogue in the English release.

Huge difference between the original and EE versions.

If you have watched the videos they clearly state that in the 1st release of the game the error log of the engine shown like 2.000 errors .

Director's cut latest patch really ended the whole "loading time" issue.

The only thing i really think they could do better is making the game more adult by giving more depth to NPCs and the relations between them , also people's agendas often get too obvious .

You know what, I don't actually care about the "RPG" rules. I fiddle my nose at them: "fiddle-de-dee!" :p
(Guess now you know why I decided I had enough of the Codex, huh? :rolleyes: )

Who cares about endless boring rulesets that you need just about a university degree to get completely on top of? I never got to know all the nuances of the various D&D systems, anyway, and I don't care, either. :S

The main thing to me is that I have fun with a game, and boy, did The Witcher provide me with endless atmospheric hours of fun and enjoyment!

Ok, of course, when you say you're making a 'classic' RPG, and call it one, it should of course still conform to certain RPG rules, but the devs of TW never claimed it was a classic RPG, and as the hybrid that it is, I think it works just fine.
It sure beats NWN2, anyway. :p

Did any version of it ever crash on any of my rigs? No, not a single one, and I played vanilla Witcher on my now-old rig the moment it was released. Yes, the loading times were a bit slow during my first playthrough, I will admit.
But the loading times of the TWEE on my current rig, is negligible. No worse than Dragon Age or Div 2. So I don't get what the fuss is about.. :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom