Fallout: New Vegas - Direct2Drive Sale

Are you sure that patch will work with D2D's version?

Huh? I bought F:NV on D2D and it provided me a code I could use on Steam (that applies the patches automatically)...

Cool so I could buy this sale at Direct2Drive (even if I was targeting more buying a box) and then have it like if I had bought it on Steam (I concentrate mainly my digital games buy on indies dev/GamersGate/Steam)?

If that's true then great. I think I want the physical media for this one anyway though.
I do too but if I end not liking that much the game only the digital version will be fine. And if it is great then having a box and a digital version is cool even if the publisher doesn't need more money from me.

So please if someone can confirm this Direct2Drive sales provide too a code to have the game like another Steam game with full support (including multi language) and upgrades.

Did you play FO3? Its fantastic. It may not be a the best RPG so it takes a bit of a pummeling here but FO3 is a great game overall. One of the best I've ever played anyway. I just gave the gf $50 to pick up New Vegas since she is headed to Best Buy. DirecttoHand and I don't have to leave the couch LOL.

Still costs €50 on the .eu site.

Plus they don't list it as buyable in Ireland which seems very common for games there and is really getting on my nerves. I can't imagine we have hugely different publishing requirements than the other 40+ european countries they list.

Did you play FO3? Its fantastic. It may not be a the best RPG so it takes a bit of a pummeling here but FO3 is a great game overall. One of the best I've ever played anyway. I just gave the gf $50 to pick up New Vegas since she is headed to Best Buy. DirecttoHand and I don't have to leave the couch LOL.
I don't have any clear reason but I have the Metal Box Collector Edition and the survival guide collector edition which is a huge book (huge in size), but I never installed the game. Stuff I read about it few after the release discouraged me and Bethesda just remind me Oblivion now. I feel a bit more motivated for FNV and well if I enjoy it that could give me a reason to install FO3.

I think you are doing yourself a disservice by not tackling FO3 first. Forget Oblivion and judge it on its merits.

I think you are doing yourself a disservice by not tackling FO3 first. Forget Oblivion and judge it on its merits.
Thanks for the advice but why? There's any link between the two? I believed it was two separate games.

That said it wouldn't be a so big deal to install it and try a bit FO3 first. But it's not that simple too, I'll have to identify the patches and perhaps mods or addon to install too to get the best version of the game.

Maybe because it's fucking awesome? ;)

Seriously though…with the right mods FO3 is excellent. If you're the type who likes exploration, it might end up being a favorite.

The right mods… that's the wrong pass for me. Ha well ok what's the limited number of mods to install, that are safe and stable… and compatible with the French version?

EDIT: And funnily I found in shop a Fallout New Vegas Box sale cheaper than the Direct2Drive sale. But I think I have somewhere the box GOTY version of FO3, so it's still an option to play it first, and anyway that won't be soon as I'm full in Dragon Knight Saga (and rather surprised how the immediate replayability is good).

The right mods… that's the wrong pass for me. Ha well ok what's the limited number of mods to install, that are safe and stable… and compatible with the French version?

It`s rather hard to tell since there`s so many of them. Suiting different play styles. Search for "essential fallout3 mods" and you`ll get few lists that may help.

I`m playing on hardest difficulty and so far can`t complain about any major balancing issues. Installed only StuttererRemover for tearing and one to remove the pointers from compass & map. Will mod it to hell on second playthrough.

It`s rather hard to tell since there`s so many of them. Suiting different play styles. Search for "essential fallout3 mods" and you`ll get few lists that may help.

I`m playing on hardest difficulty and so far can`t complain about any major balancing issues. Installed only StuttererRemover for tearing and one to remove the pointers from compass & map. Will mod it to hell on second playthrough.

First thanks to try help, but also you highlight why mods are almost never for playing a game but only for replaying a game. Too many won't suit a precise player, too many will bring instability problems, too many will involve problem with non English version of the game.

A good example is the mod that removes pointers from compass & map. It's really one tempting for me because particularly the pointer on compass is generating a gameplay I don't like at all, well no that I hate literally.

So let say I remove the pointers despite it wasn't an option in the game. But is really the game gives the clues to play without those cursors? Oblivion definitely not, and knowing Bethesda focus and knowing that design clues like that is a huge production cost from design to testing, I already know this will be the same for FO3.

Honestly that detail is discouraging me even install FO3. This will mean exploration is most probably quite tedious because a lot polluted by those pointers.

I'm totally chocking I decided install FNV from a retail box and the first installation steps requires me to enter the activation key and ends with a panel explaining me that now the game is registered in Steam and that I should connect to Steam account to use this.

Huuu? Now retail box games are Steam games? That said it's possible that the game installation detected Steam is installed and offered it as an option to get some automatic patch update system.

Back
Top Bottom