Skyrim - First "In-Game Look" Coming

A thing I suddenly ask myself is : What kind of system specs are needed to have the exactly same cinematic experience on the home PC likecould be seen in that trailer ?

Since the 360 is the core tech they are basing the game on I can't imagine it will require a super computer. You might have to play on medium settings or something though.

G3 had a lot of technical issues, but it was definitely a pretty game.

I'd say it's a close call between them. I prefer G3 for its landscapes and beautiful vistas, but Oblivion has better forests and vastly superior interiors.

But they're close enough to be considered equal - in my opinion.

That said, the engine was buggy more than it was slow. If you run it with the recent patches, you'll see that it actually streams more efficiently than Oblivion (which is still stuttering like mad, especially on horseback) - and that the overall performance is pretty good.

They just ran out of time/resources and had to release.

Risen has yet to be beaten in terms of open world performance, and has the best streaming I've seen since Dungeon Siege.

Why is he a fanboy when he has a different opinion then you? I agree with him actually.

Wow.... way to miss the point there.

Again, there was never ANY mention of Oblivion in my post, yet he had to go off on a rant and try to turn it into Gothic 3 vs Oblivion for some reason. It's a recurring theme I've noticed about him lately, whenever someone mentions a Gothic game in a Bethesda thread.

Yep, I picked you because I know you like both and might know a graphical comparison somewhere with screenshots. I wasn't singling you out as a Oblivion hater :)

Re-reading my post, I could definitely see why you might have thought that though. Unfortunately, I post while doing 4 other things on my computer at the same time; such as finishing builds on computers, emailing a clueless user, etc. My posts are not always well thought out.

I do not apologize for tackling Gothic-lust. Someone on this site needs to balance all the fapping many do over the Gothic series. It was nearly unplayable on release, unlike Oblivion, and you couldn't even choose your character. A prime piece of playing a crpg is being able to choose a character and way of playing. Gothic didn't allow this at all. Try being a mage from the very beginning of any Gothic game.

Yep, I picked you because I know you like both and might know a graphical comparison somewhere with screenshots. I wasn't singling you out as a Oblivion hater :)

Re-reading my post, I could definitely see why you might have thought that though. Unfortunately, I post while doing 4 other things on my computer at the same time; such as finishing builds on computers, emailing a clueless user, etc. My posts are not always well thought out.

I do not apologize for tackling Gothic-lust. Someone on this site needs to balance all the fapping many do over the Gothic series. It was nearly unplayable on release, unlike Oblivion, and you couldn't even choose your character. A prime piece of playing a crpg is being able to choose a character and way of playing. Gothic didn't allow this at all. Try being a mage from the very beginning of any Gothic game.

Can you name a single person fapping over G3? :)

What is "fapping" anyway ?

Attachments

• 5da06109_484a_53b3.jpg
    5da06109_484a_53b3.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 62
Can you name a single person fapping over G3? :)

I'm not sure about Fapping...but about 80% of you on here were proclaiming it king of the rpg before it was even released. Or do you forget that?

I'm not sure about Fapping…but about 80% of you on here were proclaiming it king of the rpg before it was even released. Or do you forget that?
Any links?

Btw, Gothic 3 was released on October 13th, 2006 (in Europe) and, unless I´ve missed something, this site was opened for public on October 18th, 2006.

Any links?

Btw, Gothic 3 was released on October 13th, 2006 (in Europe) and, unless I´ve missed something, this site was opened for public on October 18th, 2006.

Sure the watch wasn't till oct, but it wasn't always the watch. Correct me if I'm wrong on the name but many of the regs here are from rpgdot. So yes, there it was praised as the end all be all...ask corwin or any of the older members. Maybe you are relatively new and don't know that.

Yeah I know that.
Easy on those hyperboles then ;).

Though, for what it´s worth, expecting Gothic 3 to be a great game was rather justified back then I think. PB had two good titles under their belt and conceptually Gothic 3 seemed to be on a promising path - the game mostly failed in the actual execution and that´s something more difficult to predict based on previews.
I´m pretty sure that most people here recognized quite fast that "king of the rpg" it is not, once they got their hands on it.

Speaking of concepts, the extension of level scaling, world design and level of hand holding are all some of the most crucial aspects when it comes to open world games and Gothics/Oblivion work well as kinda opposing avatars of these, which is, at least how I see it, the most common reason why they tend to be brought to discussion quite often when the above mentioned aspects are concerned.
And, well, the above mentioned aspects are and will be likely of concern in Skyrim threads :).

Well Bethesda fans debate, what RPG has the best graphics, soooo interesting.

I'm not sure about Fapping…but about 80% of you on here were proclaiming it king of the rpg before it was even released. Or do you forget that?

At one stage, RPGDot was easily the largest English-speaking Gothic sub-forum in the world. We were essentially the unofficial "official" English forum. It's not surprising that meant a lot of people liked Gothic...would you be surprised if the BioWare forums declared DA2 the greatest RPG ever? Don't read too much into it.

At one stage, RPGDot was easily the largest English-speaking Gothic sub-forum in the world. We were essentially the unofficial "official" English forum. It's not surprising that meant a lot of people liked Gothic…would you be surprised if the BioWare forums declared DA2 the greatest RPG ever? Don't read too much into it.

Oh I agree, I was one of many who thought it would be good, but I had my doubts it was going to be as good as oblivion(level scaling aside it wasn't) Unfortunately oblivion still takes all the flack where as gothic 3 gets a waiver.

The good old days of RPGdot. Oblivion was not perfect...hell not many games these days(ie none) are perfect. We play them and have fun with what we have.

Well Bethesda fans debate, what RPG has the best graphics, soooo interesting.

So um...can't we just be RPG fans and not so much a companies fan? I do like their games, but I'm not running around with a bethesda T-shirt on and a bioware hat;)

80%?

Really?

Please point out your source.

Even if this ridiculous claim was true, there is a difference between being hopeful - and I'm not going into Skyrim/Dragon Age 2 and you here - and then insisting something is true, even after something is released.

I'm pretty sure 95% of all Watch members (yeah, I can do magic with numbers too) consider Gothic 3 quite flawed at this point.

The point isn't what they think now but what they promote BEFORE anything of the game was released.

Back
Top Bottom