Biowear blames rival, rpgcodex.net for bad ratings

Does Biowear make good games?

• Total voters
Guys, there are some great points being made here, but please be careful about seeming to 'bash' the Codex. We actually do try to avoid that sort of thing for several very good reasons. :)

Cause DU is from Oz and you guys stick together? ;)

I think it's more that they don't want the zealots there to see us talking about them and then invade psycho style. At least that would be what I would worry about.

Who is DU ?

"Du" is German and means just "you".

And what does "OZ" mean - apart from the movie ?

I think OZ might mean Australia, Australian being called Ozzies, for some reason? And DU, I guess, is Dark UnderLord (the owner?) of rpgcodex...

Also, rpgcodex is a sistersite to us. And the reason we try to not 'bash' the codex, is because we rely on them for news from time to time. This does not change my own experiences with the codex, though.

To get back on point again: Bioware blaming rpgcodex for bad reviews is giving way way much credit to rpgcodex and how much power the site has to influenxe reviews. EA and Bioware just need to learn that making good games takes time...

… Maybe Bioware needed some sort of … scapegoat ?
And for that they took an RPG-related site with a … not very great reputation ? …

… Maybe Bioware needed some sort of … scapegoat ?
And for that they took an RPG-related site with a … not very great reputation ? …

Indeed my good chum. David Gaider even blamed 4chan raiders for the low score on metacritic

All good replies..

The one thing I just want to let everyone know is, I think the RPGCodex "acceptable list" is exceptional even though I think they are jerks. That is basically what I was trying to say.

I do not however agree with EVERYTHING they say. They are one collective mind. And crap like that is scary, like a cult. I happened to love Fallout 3 and they made fun of me for that. Insanity!
You didn't really love F3, right? Surely you jest, or perhaps I just failed my sarcasm detection roll.
Aries100 said:
PS: And what is 4chan?
You better head over there and see for yourself.

How did you guys make SAGO stop writing his posts in caps by the way? You didn't hurt the little bugger, did you?

I don't know about him, but I definitely loved my time with FO3. Properly tweaked of course.
Oh well, each one to his own I guess. As long as you don't argue that the game has good writing or is a worthy sequel to the previous games I think we can get along just fine. But I must say that I really can't understand how one could love the game having played them, that is assuming that you have done so.

Pray tell me, did you also love Oblivion? The two are quite similar…

Have you ever really tried to play FO3? Or did you just play the vanilla version for awhile and dismiss it?

Out of the box, it sucks. I used a few choice mods to increase realism, and to greatly increase the difficulty, and I found it to be a very immersive experience. I've played through every Fallout game except New Vegas, and I spent the most time with FO3.

I've only played Oblivion for a few hours, and it didn't do anything for me. That was completely vanilla though, and I plan on going back someday with mods.

you didn't really love f3, right? Surely you jest, or perhaps i just failed my sarcasm detection roll.
You better head over there and see for yourself.

How did you guys make sago stop writing his posts in caps by the way? You didn't hurt the little bugger, did you?

bro i cannopt 'capslock' for 1 raisins

1 - site not aloow

BUT I CAN BYPAS BY COLOURING THE TEXT

IM A BLOODY FAIRY

Have you ever really tried to play FO3? Or did you just play the vanilla version for awhile and dismiss it?

Out of the box, it sucks. I used a few choice mods to increase realism, and to greatly increase the difficulty, and I found it to be a very immersive experience. I've played through every Fallout game except New Vegas, and I spent the most time with FO3.

I've only played Oblivion for a few hours, and it didn't do anything for me. That was completely vanilla though, and I plan on going back someday with mods.

sucks as a game then if you need player made mods to make it good

Like Jack said.. to each his own.

The potential was already there, it just needed a few small tweaks..

how many mods, bro? how many did it take to wipe away the rage and smashed idealistic expectations?

Sorry to disappoint, but I was never one of those hardcore "FO 1&2 were the best evar!" people.

I used about 7 or 8 mods, and most of them were quite subtle.

Hmmm I don't think anyone needs to justify to someone why they like a game or not, different strokes for different folkes.

I liked FO3, like new vegas more....enjoyed oblivion too...if I'm having fun I don't say to myself is this rpg enough to be part of the rpg club? ;)

I even liked vanilla FO3 to some degree...not great due to a lack of a strong story or "true" role-playing (as in meaningful choices and consequences - I'm pretty big on that ;)) but I had fun. What mods would you consider to be "essential," JDR? I seem to have the same FO3 tastes as you in terms of wanting the game to be more "realistic."

I even liked vanilla FO3 to some degree…not great due to a lack of a strong story or "true" role-playing (as in meaningful choices and consequences - I'm pretty big on that ;)) but I had fun. What mods would you consider to be "essential," JDR? I seem to have the same FO3 tastes as you in terms of wanting the game to be more "realistic."

most likely the nude mods, that makes the game pretty realistic right? i mean its so annoying when you take your chars clothes off and theyre wearing underwear!

Well the Iron Sights mod is definitely essential, at least for me. Darnified_UI, and Arwens reduced XP also had a significant impact on my playthrough.

I also used mods to remove the stat bonuses from armor, as well as the bonuses from finding the Bobbleheads. Also removed the achievements entirely.

There's also a mod I used called "Delay DLC" that makes how you receive the DLC quests a lot more realistic.

Back
Top Bottom