Baldursgate.com

With all this BG talk, IWD and PS:T fell through the cracks.

If BG1 and 2 are successful, they've claimed their goal is making a BG3. Does that leave fancy remakes of PS:T and the Icewind Dales out in the cold? =[

If BG1 and 2 are successful, they've claimed their goal is making a BG3. Does that leave fancy remakes of PS:T and the Icewind Dales out in the cold? =[

Well, for now we have the IWD in NWN2 mod just released

As much as I would like EE of those, I'd rather have an entirely new game

Why would you not be happy about that? seriously, what does it effect?

I can currently play BG2 on ipad, and it looks and plays well.

Keep development focused I would say and make something really good on PC, but since you say you can run BG2 on an ipad i guess its a small effort.
Did you have to fiddle around much to get it working?

Keep development focused I would say and make something really good on PC, but since you say you can run BG2 on an ipad i guess its a small effort.
Did you have to fiddle around much to get it working?

Well, it is a Infinity Port called 'GemRB reported here.

And honestly, I think it was part of the plan from the start ... they will make ~100x the money from the iPad port. No one will pay more than $10 for these games on PC again, whereas people will line up to pay $10 on the iPad. By the millions ...

Yep. It's all about volume.

Well, given how the Beamdog founder stated a desire to fund BG3 ... imagine if putting out BG & BG2 EE on PC and iPad allows him to do that!

There's a gigantic difference between polishing up an old game a bit and throwing it on the iPad - and then developing a new BG3 from scratch, of the same scale and quality as BG2.

Anyone realistically expecting that buying this will lead to a true BG3 need their head examined.

I mean that in the kindest possible way, of course.

This is an opportunistic cash-in - and that's ok. Let's just not pretend otherwise, please.

There's a gigantic difference between polishing up an old game a bit and throwing it on the iPad - and then developing a new BG3 from scratch, of the same scale and quality as BG2.

Anyone realistically expecting that buying this will lead to a true BG3 need their head examined.

This is an opportunistic cash-in - and that's ok. Let's just not pretend otherwise, please.

What I was saying was that the BeamDog founder (can't remember his name, but he was an original Bioware / Interplay guy) has as a STATED goal of the outcome of this 'opportunistic cash-in' securing backing and funding to work on BGIII.

Not disagreeing with you at all ... just saying that it is more than a fantasy or wishful thinking driving that line of thought.

That said - I am buying BG I & II EE for PC & iPad ... not pretending I am funding a 'BGIII Kickstarter'.

The biggest hurdle to funding a BG3 (at least one that is done in the enhanced infinity engine) is proving their is a market to a publisher or investor (obviously kickstarter is a different matter). If they sell a large number of BG1&2EE, including iPad versions, that becomes much, much easier to do.

Why is it so far fetched to think that supporting the enhanced editions could lead to a bg3 in the future. Beamdog has said that's their ultimate goal here.

They could already have funding in place contingent on the success of bgee or they could have nothing in place.

Point is that no one knows what they have lined up or are capable of.

Sounds like being negative for the sake of being negative.

Back
Top Bottom