Baldursgate.com

Why is it so far fetched to think that supporting the enhanced editions could lead to a bg3 in the future. Beamdog has said that's their ultimate goal here.

They could already have funding in place contingent on the success of bgee or they could have nothing in place.

Point is that no one knows what they have lined up or are capable of.

Sounds like being negative for the sake of being negative.

I didn't say it couldn't lead to a BG3 - and I think it just might.

What I'm saying is that it's very naive to expect a >>>***TRUE***<<< BG3, based on a cheap ass iPad version with marginal improvements.

What I'm saying is that it's very naive to expect a >>>***TRUE***<<< BG3, based on a cheap ass iPad version with marginal improvements.

So long as it has guns and squad-based cover action and CGI cutscenes like any respectable modern day sequel ... ;)

WTH? It's not even released yet and you're passing judgement? There's a word for that...

Also, there's a whole generation of people who have never played BG and who own iPads. Potentially a big segment of consumers will get interested in a game like BG where they are NOT expecting high end graphics and kill-cams, and figure what the heck, $10 ain't going to break the bank. I think tablets are perfect for these games. Might really breathe some life into the genre.

And who cares if a TRUE sequel to BG2 comes out? As long as it's a good setting in a turn based D&D game, I'm in.

Oh, I didn't get that impression from your original post. I must have been mistaken.

Anyway, even if a BG3 was only half as good as bg2, I'd still be interested.

WTH? It's not even released yet and you're passing judgement? There's a word for that…

Also, there's a whole generation of people who have never played BG and who own iPads. Potentially a big segment of consumers will get interested in a game like BG where they are NOT expecting high end graphics and kill-cams, and figure what the heck, $10 ain't going to break the bank. I think tablets are perfect for these games. Might really breathe some life into the genre.

And who cares if a TRUE sequel to BG2 comes out? As long as it's a good setting in a turn based D&D game, I'm in.

I care.

The fact that they are planning for the game to come out this year means that there is going to be minimal changes. It would be almost prohibitively expensive to create a game like BG2 these days with the normal publisher model unless you outsource it to Russian developers. Take a look at the credits for BG2 to see just how many people were involved in building it. Every single map was hand crafted, no speedtree, no auto terrain generators.

Back
Top Bottom