What to play next?

FWIW, I haven't played torment (or BG/II) in years, but when I did the widescreen mods were not usable in one form or another. My particular problem was the text was too small to read on my laptop. A big screen ameliorates this particular problem.

You may want to save yourself a lot of hassle by just playing it in low res mode as it was originally designed.

Well, I try 1440x900, which seems pretty neat.

The team that's making the Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition has said that they would also like to update PST. Hopefully they'll eventually do EE versions for all the Infinity Engine titles.

Is it playable on a 22" 1920x1200 monitor or is stuff too small? Because AFAICS Ghostdog UI mod only changes font size; but e.g. the inventory screen etc. are veeery smal, also the knobs to the right in the bottom bar… I maybe try another resolution, but not sure if I have to reinstall evrything.

I folloed this guide: http://www.gog.com/en/news/mod_spotlight_planescape_torment_mods_guide/
Things will probably be far too small.

*edit* And this is why you check to see if there is a page 2 before you post ;)

Why not give Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning a shot? It's a new game but it's good. I really enjoyed the 110+ hours I spent with it.

Since you like Lands of Lore and Legend of Grimrock, I'd certainly consider giving the Eye of the Beholder series a shot. Or if you're really keen to challenge yourself, why not try the original that arguably inspired the lot of them - the granddaddy of all dungeon crawlers, Dungeon Master? :)

Otherwise, I'd have to agree with JDR and others - Baldur's Gate and games using the infinity engine in general would keep you well and truly occupied for awhile.

Ok, it's my turn.

Figured I'd use this thread to ask the same question as the OP. I'm at a crossroads in regards to what I want to play right now. Here are some of the games I've been thinking about..

Fallout: New Vegas
Mass Effect
Stalker
Two Worlds 1&2

There are more, but those are the most prominent games in my PC backlog right now.

I've owned FO:NV and all the DLC for a long time, but I've never even started it. It's the only Fallout game I haven't played.

I've started Mass Effect with at least four different characters, but I've never finished it or played ME 2&3 at all. I always intended to wait for the entire trilogy to be released before I gave it a serious run.

I've been messing around with Stalker + the Complete mod recently. I love the atmosphere, but I'm not 100% sure it's what I'm in the mood for right now.

I've played Two Worlds before but not to completion, and I've never played TWII. Other than Risen 2, I haven't played an open-world action-RPG since DKS, so I'm starting to get that itch.

I was also considering doing a run through the entire Resident Evil series, which I'm a big fan of. Since I've already played them all with the exception of RE5, I'll probably wait until Oct when RE6 is released. I've also been considering the Uncharted trilogy on PS3.

Last edited:
In my opinion go for FO:NV but if you play it with hardcore setting on (which I recommend that you do) install hard hardcore overhaul mod.

Also Two world 2 is lot better than first but I don't thinks it's as good as other mentioned.FO;NV is also better that previous part basically more of same but little better in every way.Mass effect have good sci-fi story but fails in ME 3(not just ending in my opinion rest of ME 3 story is just weaker that previous parts).

Last edited:
Depends on your mood. If you want an open world RPG, FNV is the way to go. If you want a more cinematic story experience, stick with ME. The other two are also good, but FNV and ME are overall better in my opinion.

FO:NV definitely!

STALKER is a lot of fun, but New Vegas is really captivating IMO. Not sure if you are on PC, but there are quite a few excellent mods, including some decent voiced quest mods.

Personally I didn't enjoy the first Mass Effect game as much as ME2 and ME3.

FNV would be my recommendation as well. The ME's, imo, barely qualify as rpg's. All the backround stuff going on in FNV will pull you in, and never let you go.

-Carn

Another vote for New Vegas.

Two Worlds 1 and 2 were fun for a while, but they never drew me in.

Stalker is fun but it is at best very low on the RPG scale. And while I really enjoyed the game the ending was stupid.

P.S. I just started re-playing New Vegas after actually visiting Las Vegas last week and it's been even more fun after having seen the real place.

Thanks for all the suggestions so far.

After some more pondering, I know I'm definitely in the mood for an RPG. I think I've narrowed it down to FO:NV, the Mass Effect series, and Two Worlds.

As much as I'm looking forward to playing FO:NV, I'm not really in the mood for that type of setting right now. That's why I didn't jump full speed into Stalker when I installed it recently. I think I'm a little burned-out on the darker/post-apoc styles at the moment.

I haven't done anything Sci-fi in awhile, and that's why Mass Effect is looking good right now. I could also go for some open-world exploration though...

The X titles aren't really RPGs to me. I do plan on giving them a run someday, although I'm not sure which one I'll start with.

Those games are massive time-sinks though, which is one reason I've stayed away from them so far.

Back
Top Bottom