Dragon Age: Inquisition - Map Size Details

I already pre-ordered the game can't wait till October to play it.

Update: Fixed for those that can't get sarcasm.;)

Last edited:
I already pre-ordered the game can't wait till October to play it. I also really don't care if most will think I'm an idiot for doing so on this site.

As I said in another thread, I'll be pre-ordering as well. So I don't think your an idiot but I can understand others wanting to take a wait and see approach.

I wonder if the PC version of this game is going to be massive like the recent Wolfenstein release....its about 47 gigs in size. Thats a large bandwidth eater if people use Steam to download it.

Here is a leaked video from a behind closed doors session from E3.

Link - http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1zokjx_videogames#from=embediframe

After watching the video I have nothing to complain about.:)

Update: Link is dead the video got taken down sorry everyone. Here is a lower quality YouTube video of the original link. So watch it before it gets taken down.

Last edited:
Wow, I really like how they target the dragon's right leg, so it really collapses and the dragon can't use it anymore. I wonder if this will work with its wings also, so you could prevent it from flying away.

Wow, I really like how they target the dragon's right leg, so it really collapses and the dragon can't use it anymore. I wonder if this will work with its wings also, so you could prevent it from flying away.

The devs said the dragons can fly away from the fight, so I suspect damaging one wing is sort of a requirement.

It looks good, visually at least. One thing it has that it sets it apart from other open world rpgs (Skyrim, Witcher 3 .. etc.) is the party based gameplay - which looks well done.

I still will not pre-order, as there will be a spamfest of DLCs to follow since, after all, this is EA and Bioware we are talking abou.

It looks good, visually at least. One thing it has that it sets it apart from other open world rpgs (Skyrim, Witcher 3 .. etc.) is the party based gameplay - which looks well done.

I still will not pre-order, as there will be a spamfest of DLCs to follow since, after all, this is EA and Bioware we are talking abou.

Oh, I've seen most of the vids so far, including the ones that have been pulled off the Internet by now. The game looks pretty, but otherwise there wasn't anything that sold the game to me. Then again, there wasn't anything that would make me NOT buying the game either.

But hey, 'For what you see and hear depends a good deal on where you are standing: it also depends on what sort of person you are'.

Good 'ole C.S. Lewis :cool:

I find it funny when people call the ~4 DLCs BioWare make for their games a spamfest.

The Saint-Rows series is a DLC spawmfest. The 3rd game had 17 DLCs. The last one already have 19 paid DLC out after not even being a year out.

I find it funny when people call the ~4 DLCs BioWare make for their games a spamfest.
This is only Mass Effect 3 DLC:

x5a9vb.png

Does that look like four?

only four have a cost, so I guess it's on your point of view. I have no interest in ME3, but DLC doesn't bother me much.

Not really. On the pic with bpoints are those four I refused to buy. You don't really think a thing like proper ending Citadel DLC is free? It's not.

Some DLC were free, but still this is spamfest.

More on the matter:
http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Downloadable_Content

I agree the DLC is just a way for gaming companies to extract more coin from their customers. Not having DLC can impact the how the game story plays out sometimes.

I really like the Witcher franchise for including the DLC to their customers free of charge, instead butchering the game story into pieces to make more money.

This is only Mass Effect 3 DLC:

x5a9vb.png

Does that look like four?

I must admit that I didn't keep track of ME3 DLCs.

Saying that, for someone who hate DLCs, you'll have to explain to me why you buy most of them.

It's not just ME3, I've put it as an example…
You want a list of ME2 DLC? It's something like this one.

I don't buy most of DLC. I actually skip buying DLC generally.
I did buy DLC with missions in ME games recently.

But just a minute. I've also bought Mass Effect movie (animation actually), all comics except the last ongoing series and N7 leather jacket replica.
Why did I buy something I hate? Because I was writing minireviews about ME series in "last game you've finished" thread. If you bothered to read them, you'd see a post with 7/10 on ME3 that is about the core game followed with 0/10 that was about the scam EA did.
Yea, a #1 fan of ME series who went to buy additional stuff gave them a zero and is calling them scammers! Oh, the movie sux, comics are great and I'm still walking around in my N7 leather jacket I adore it. I would lie if I said differently. I would also lie if I said EA's business is not scam.

ME DLC was the last time I bought any gamechanger DLC. My hatred on it went higher to a point where I will not buy any upcoming game that will have gamechanging DLC.
Standalone DLC like in DX:HR or Dishonored or FC3, that stuff I'll buy.
Gamechanging DLC like they did in ME games where DLC affects the whole game means no buy to me.

Just noticed that FC4 will have season pass. I wanted to preorder that game. Not only now I won't preorder it, I will actually NEVER buy it.
Van Helsing 2? Oh I adore the first game. But they made DLC for it. They made DLC too for the second one. Me? I'm not buying not just their DLC on both games, but also will never buy VH2.
Soon Risen 3 should be out. It's not clear yet if there really will be DLC that changes things in the base game sold separately. If Deep Silver and PB will go that route, I'll never buy Risen 3. But because there is no info on the matter, I didn't preorder that game.
etc.

Don't think there are no more games without gamechanging DLC. There are. I'm buying.
Oh and there is one game that will have DLC and I'll buy it. It's DLC:The Game. It's somewhere called Sims 4, dunno why exactly, it's real name is DLC:The Game and we know from the start it's milkthem stuff thus it's not falsely advertised like others where an invalid version is called standard, and standard version is called ultimate.

Last edited:
Few comments regarding the video:

- I wonder how much content they putted to wilderness in order to be found by player-explorer. I hope that these big maps are not bland outside of main places of interest.
- Simple average combat. Bioware said at some presentation that you can approach fights like you want. You can play it like your average console action if you dont want to give orders. Which unfortunatelly means that the core combat system will be balanced for action style gameplay.
- Sorry but… that fight with a dragon was pretty boring and unnatural. Why developers (not just Bioware) try to be "mega epic with awesome dragons" when they are unable to deliver appropriate "mega epic" gameplay and AI? The dragon doesnt move naturally on ground. For the most time he stands in place like an idiot or easy target AI. He doesnt use his jaw, body or tail for an attack like he should. He ignored that fighter attacking his leg from side. He was there just for eye-candy moment. And I doubt that dragon AI will be much better in final game.

- I wonder how much content they putted to wilderness in order to be found by player-explorer. I hope that these big maps are not bland outside of main places of interest.
- Simple average combat. Bioware said at some presentation that you can approach fights like you want. You can play it like your average console action if you dont want to give orders. Which unfortunatelly means that the core combat system will be balanced for action style gameplay.
- Sorry but… that fight with a dragon was pretty boring and unnatural. Why developers (not just Bioware) try to be "mega epic with awesome dragons" when they are unable to deliver appropriate "mega epic" gameplay and AI? The dragon doesnt move naturally on ground. For the most time he stands in place like an idiot or easy target AI. He doesnt use his jaw, body or tail for an attack like he should. He ignored that fighter attacking his leg from side. He was there just for eye-candy moment. And I doubt that dragon AI will be much better in final game.

Well, this franchise is intended for the masses, and therefore the AI has to be weak to make the combat epic (suit translation for always wining and not furstrating).

Even in the latest Witcher 3 videos, the developers admitted reducing the game difficulty to make it look easy to attract the masses.

If you want real epic fights with realistic enemy AI, try the Dark Souls games.

Let see from what I know:
  • There is at least one "cave/dungeon" per map that has no quest related to it
  • There are class skill(s) to access knew area that seems unaccessible. Example: mage can repair broken bridge with a spell.
  • All dragon fights are optional (again)
  • L'Emprise du Lion has a main quest enemy faction war camp that is 100% optional to clean up.

Someone forgot about the Tactics systems that is there since DAO. Once set properly in DAO, you never have to tell your party members what to do.

The dragon fight is actually an improvement over the two previous games...

There are class skill(s) to access knew area that seems unaccessible. Example: mage can repair broken bridge with a spell.

Yes… when you come to such place, "press A" appears. Really fascinating exploration moment. :)

The dragon fight is actually an improvement over the two previous games…

Maybe you are right. But it still looks boring and unnatural.
Also - do dragons have some resistance or you can hit them with any common weapon, ice, lighting… any magic, even fire (?) magic? So you can just spam any damage spell you have? :roll:

SpoonFUL said:
Well, this franchise is intended for the masses, and therefore the AI has to be weak to make the combat epic.

Yes, but the need for easy combat doesnt mean that it has to look like that or that it cant be enhanced (within the boundaries of product for masses). So I said my critical opinion.

Back
Top Bottom