Men spends twice as much money on PC games than women

lostforever

SasqWatch
Click bait!

“Heavy Core and Light Core are comprised mainly of men while Casual PC gamers are overwhelmingly female”

“Heavy Core is the smallest segment, ... have spent roughly twice as much money in the past 3 months on physical or digital games for the computer than Casual PC gamers”

“In order to qualify as a core gamer, respondents had to currently play Action/Adventure, Fighting, Flight, Massively Multi-Player (MMO), Racing, Real Time Strategy, Role-Playing, Shooter, or Sport games on a PC/Mac”.

So what games are "Casual PC gamers" (women) playing?

https://www.npd.com/wps/portal/npd/...ion-age-9-and-older-currently-plays-pc-games/

I haven't spent any money on women in a long time, so no big surprise.

Here is another interesting quote

"In fact, half of all PC gamers have grown accustomed to waiting for a sale before making a purchase."

Steam to blame?

This poll must have been taken among smartphone users...'How much money do guys spend on Call of Duty, vs. how much women spend on Angry Birds?'

I doubt these findings have any integrity, but even if they were true, I'm definitely the exception. I've probably spent about as much on games this past year as I have on clothes. Which is kinda bad, considering my backlog.

This poll must have been taken among smartphone users…'How much money do guys spend on Call of Duty, vs. how much women spend on Angry Birds?'

I doubt these findings have any integrity, but even if they were true, I'm definitely the exception. I've probably spent about as much on games this past year as I have on clothes. Which is kinda bad, considering my backlog.

Quite a few news outlets are running with this so I guess they must have some trust in NDP group…

Also I have seen WJS, Forbes, CNN etc refer to NDP group's other market research so they are legit as you will get.

Here is another interesting quote

"In fact, half of all PC gamers have grown accustomed to waiting for a sale before making a purchase."

Steam to blame?

Thats me, its been many years since I have bought a full price game. I have zero problem waiting a year before I pick up a game. It will still be there and will probably have less bugs by then.

For me it isn't about price at all. A good game that I could completely play through the first day, I'd drop 100 bucks on that np. HOWEVER, if I'm going to be waiting for 30 patches before the game is fully functional, complete, and playable, I'll surely wait. The last game I played the very day it was released and had no issues was EQ2, which was nearly 10 years ago.

So if my hubby buys a game for me, does that count as male spending money in games? ;)

I have to admit though I would rather spend money on clothes than buying games if I have to choose ;)

Does this mean that woman only have half as much of a right to complain about things they don't like in games? :)

No. Since they only like casual games they have the same right to complain as always: none. Especially if it's something to do with gender role hilarity.

I've probably spent about as much on games this past year as I have on clothes. Which is kinda bad, considering my backlog.
You have a backlog of clothes? O_O

I used to have a neighbor who had an entire bedroom just for her clothes on top of her closet, and had in addition to that a shed out back (12' by 10', IIRC) filled with nothing but clothes. I think she had enough to wear a different outfit every day of the year, and have extras just in case.

I used to have a neighbor who had an entire bedroom just for her clothes on top of her closet, and had in addition to that a shed out back (12' by 10', IIRC) filled with nothing but clothes. I think she had enough to wear a different outfit every day of the year, and have extras just in case.

My mom has two walk in closets and a whole garage full of clothes. She is ripe to be on the reality show 'pack rats'.

i thought this read "Man spends twice as much money on PC games than women", like some shocking tabloid account of a guy who has forsaken the fair sex altogether for his cyber harem of female NPCs

Kinda sorta ish? All my favorite clothes are fall clothes and I can't wear them *just* yet. But I guess the same could be said for Civ: Beyond Earth…:-/

i thought this read "Man spends twice as much money on PC games than women", like some shocking tabloid account of a guy who has forsaken the fair sex altogether for his cyber harem of female NPCs

Hey, it's a lifestyle, right? Pixeled girls never say no. Or laugh.

Hey, it's a lifestyle, right? Pixeled girls never say no. Or laugh.

Unless you play Grotesque Tactics. Then the girls all go after your friend and think you're a dweeb :)

Back
Top Bottom