DA:I DA:I Cracked!!!

Dragon Age: Inquisition
These threads are great to see who the thieves are so that they can be added to my "scum of the Earth" list. It'd be cool if Fluent's Daddy read this thread.

A guy actually posts in this thread suggesting to cut off limbs for people who steal games, and I'm the scum of the Earth because I don't think pirating a game is a big deal? :roll:

Here's Stephen Fry discussing the issue, if you've got ten minutes. I broadly agree with his take.

Great post, Ripper. He speaks a lot better than I can type :)

These threads are great to see who the thieves are so that they can be added to my "scum of the Earth" list. It'd be cool if Fluent's Daddy read this thread.
ROTFL
crpgnut don't be so harsh, we're just discussing it, a thought is not a crime unless it's made for real.

If you want to dislike something on Fluent join my side. I can't persuade myself to like the fact he never finished The Last Remnant - and I bought that bloody game because of him! :D

A guy actually posts in this thread suggesting to cut off limbs for people who steal games, and I'm the scum of the Earth because I don't think pirating a game is a big deal? :roll:

Nah, you're alright. These people are just hiding behind any cause they feel is justified but really they want to be angry over anything and make a fuss from their high horse.

Proof? They're here, they're complaining and they know it wont change a thing. But they want to complain anyway so they do. They even speak of violent acts and capitol punishment, if that's anything to judge their characters by. What's the point?

Scum of the earth? Such sheltered lives you must lead! You clearly know nothing of real evil. I'm almost jealous that you've seen so little that people copying games could actually make your list of worst events.

You callow fools would need therapy if you heard a mere fraction of my list.

Really? I followed all the exchanges with extreme kindergarten level ease...

What don't you "get"?

I don't have time right now to do a full post but when you have something like

"a thief is still a scum sucking thief, nothing more than a parasite on the rest of us. Stealing is stealing, and they knew how to deal with that in the old days, you wack off a few fingers or limbs and people got the message right-quick."

This is just complaining because they feel like it.

While stealing may be stealing, piracy is NOT stealing because no one is deprived of their original. This is the first point you have to argue in the piracy debate. Everyone educated on the issue knows this. This guy is clearly not educated on the issue and just says what he's been told without thinking enough about it to be excited to present his inspired arguments.

It's safe and easy to hide behind the rules, but sometimes things are not so black and white…

For example,

“Today the path to total dictatorship in the U.S. can be laid by strictly legal means… We have a well-organized political-action group in this country, determined to destroy our Constitution and establish a one-party state… It operates secretly, silently, continuously to transform our Government… This ruthless power-seeking elite is a disease of our century… This group…is answerable neither to the President, the Congress, nor the courts. It is practically irremovable.” – Senator William Jenner, 1954 speech

I'd say all these new "anti-terror" laws have well and truly legally destroyed Americas constitution. Surely even people as sheltered as you lot have heard of all this unconstitutional spying and such? This rabbit hole goes very deep, but it's a clear example of how something which is legal is not necessarily good…

While stealing may be stealing, piracy is NOT stealing because no one is deprived of their original.

Yeah, I've seen that particular rationalization plenty of times. It's one of my favorites. :)

As far as the "wacking off a few fingers" quote is concerned, it was obviously a silly statement, but I'm pretty sure he wasn't being literal.

Yeah, I've seen that particular rationalization plenty of times. It's one of my favorites. :)

But that's not a rationalization. It's a statement that downloading illegal copies is a different type of action than stealing a unique object, and they are not morally equivalent. I don't think that's arguable.

Your argument might be that the illegal copy is a different and significant form of theft, and that's fair enough.

But that's not a rationalization. It's a statement that downloading illegal copies is a different type of action than stealing a unique object, and they are not morally equivalent. I don't think that's arguable.

Your argument might be that the illegal copy is a different and significant form of theft, and that's fair enough.

Where did you see me comparing the theft of a digital game to a unique object?

I'm talking about the people who use that excuse to pretend they're not stealing at all.

Maybe if you tried a post which contained more than two sentences you'd be able to describe what you mean better so that people aren't confused by your motives in replying.

Maybe when you quote people you could quote the whole bit if the whole bit isn't actually that big and respond to the entirety of the post instead of the smidgeon you think you can make a snarky reply about...

did you see me comparing

No, why are you comparing? /sarc

I love when people talk about having no money or income but have internet access, a computer that can play the games, etc.

People who can't afford games can't afford the things that allow them to play games. And people with no income should get a fucking job. I worked full time while going to school full time, with a newborn baby too. Its called not being an entitled pussy.

I also love when people who are provided a living and income from the government (the hard work of everyone else in their society) claim they have no income. Yes you do, you get free money, food, shelter, etc, for doing nothing and adding nothing to society. Sounds like a pretty good deal.

Nah, you're alright. These people are just hiding behind any cause they feel is justified but really they want to be angry over anything and make a fuss from their high horse.

Proof? They're here, they're complaining and they know it wont change a thing. But they want to complain anyway so they do. They even speak of violent acts and capitol punishment, if that's anything to judge their characters by. What's the point?

Scum of the earth? Such sheltered lives you must lead! You clearly know nothing of real evil. I'm almost jealous that you've seen so little that people copying games could actually make your list of worst events.

You callow fools would need therapy if you heard a mere fraction of my list.

The people who work and pay for games provide the income that allows games to be made and stolen buy people who pirate them. If that doesn't give them the right to complain, I don't know what does.

Back
Top Bottom