March 24th 7:36pm est.

CelticFrost

SasqWatch
So what is everyone doing?

Staring at their download manager seeing if it will start sooner than release time?

Maybe having a nap before the long few days ahead!

A good book or movie might help pace the time.

Me I am playing a little online poker, not sure I will have much time during the day in the am. It is pretty much mapped out for all day, will be checking in to see whatever one has to say about POE.

Eh... don't care much personally. I'll play it in a couple weeks once the first couple patches have been pushed out.

Eh… don't care much personally. I'll play it in a couple weeks once the first couple patches have been pushed out.

Same here, except I probably won't play it until this summer - after I've finished TW3.

It looks good, and I'll be happy to play something that (hopefully) recaptures the feel of the IE games, but I can't help thinking it's being a little over-hyped.

...although, if I *was* the desperate and drooling type, I'd be pretty annoyed right now. Backers still have no keys, while people buying off Steam can already pre-load.

Same here, except I probably won't play it until this summer - after I've finished TW3.

It looks good, and I'll be happy to play something that (hopefully) recaptures the feel of the IE games, but I can't help thinking it's being a little over-hyped.

I am sorry, I can't wait for TW3. It seems it has taken them 10 years though I know it hasn't. I don't read or watch anything on it a all right now and that isn't easy.

But did you just say that PoE could be a little over hyped. Now you might be right, hard to say right now. Though you have the TW3 in your reply witch is the most over hyped game I have seen EVER.

sitting here pondering just how much monogamy is like suburbia - safe, comforting, and boring as hell

But did you just say that PoE could be a little over hyped. Now you might be right, hard to say right now. Though you have the TW3 in your reply witch is the most over hyped game I have seen EVER.

To me, the difference is that TW3 might actually be worth the hype. A huge open-world game that also manages to provide a strong narrative experience. At least that's what's being claimed.

PoE on the other hand is basically an IE clone made with the Unity Engine.

To me, the difference is that TW3 might actually be worth the hype. A huge open-world game that also manages to provide a strong narrative experience. At least that's what's being claimed.

PoE on the other hand is basically an IE clone made with the Unity Engine.

To be fair, that's exactly how PoE has been hyped and a lot of people seem to want exactly that.

Personally, I don't think that's too exciting - but I'm sure it will be a decent enough game for IE fans. Considering I never even completed BG2 or IWD2 - I hardly need another, potentially inferior, clone of that formula.

TW3, however, seems to be in a completely different league. It's been made by developers who show tremendous passion and who really want to take the genre further - instead of travelling back in time to service fans of old games. That's much more exciting to me.

At that time I was probably playing SWTOR.
But since yesterday evening I have to think of the poor people from that crashed airplane as well. Yesterday morning local time a German airplane carrying 150 people crashed in the Pyrenees mountain range. Whole country is in sadness.

I was downloading about 10 new games and watching that new Dracula movie which was pretty damn good.

I'm sure I'll pick up PoE eventually but will wait for a few patches first.

…although, if I *was* the desperate and drooling type, I'd be pretty annoyed right now. Backers still have no keys, while people buying off Steam can already pre-load.

Backers have the keys already, I'm pre-loading it. They won't send you the key though, you get it by going to your products page at https://eternity.obsidian.net/login

I've unlocked the GOG version, and liked it to my account, but when going to it in my GOG library, there isn't anything there. Anyone else experiencing this?

EDIT: Seems, it might not be available for download on GOG yet, since it hasn't officially released yet, and there's no way of them stopping you from playing before release, since GOG has no DRM.

I'm playing my dating sim/puzzle game HuniePop :) I kinda suck at match-3 so the game is quite challenging for me even on normal.

I have keys and now the long wait for tomorrow night start (I can't play PoE before that and can't even play Friday because I have something else to do).

This process of having to log into some website that I've never used, and will never use again, simply to obtain a key that I've already paid for is super annoying. And 99% of the other products that I've supported simply send me a key when the day comes, this from companies that are much smaller than Obsidian, yet way more organized somehow.

This process of having to log into some website that I've never used, and will never use again, simply to obtain a key that I've already paid for is super annoying. And 99% of the other products that I've supported simply send me a key when the day comes, this from companies that are much smaller than Obsidian, yet way more organized somehow.

huh? Most of the kickstarter I backed did not sent me a key via emails. Most of them use Humble Bundle.

I've typically received my keys via email.

This wouldn't have been half as annoying if their site didn't give you a server error Fatal error. Please try again later.Error in exception handler if you tried to connect to the Backer Portal directly without being signed into the forums. I thought a login page would be common sense instead of giving the impression that your web site is down.

Case in point, I just got a key yesterday from a game I supported called Ironcast, from Dreadbit games, if I remember the name right. I actually received 3 different keys because of my support level, had no trouble redeeming any of them. At no time did I have to go to some silly website to get these keys, and that is the way I prefer. If I actually give you money, why would you make the process more difficult?

Back
Top Bottom