Bethesda Softworks - Pete Hines Interview

lol @ the argument that you can't spend 100+ hours in a bad game. It shows the entitlement / oversaturation of gamers today. ;)

150 hours in a game you didn't like? That's stamina I can't spend an hour and 1/2 in one.

It isn't that I didn't like parts of the game, plus I have a hard time once I start playing a game no matter how much I like it or don't like it not finishing it. Maybe that is why I don't rush out and buy every RPG out there.

Mods are a major feature for skyrim. It would be like playing a bioware game but avoiding the companions or a dark souls game and avoiding combat.

Mods,I just rather play the game as was released and the patches that follow. Not saying Mods don't improve some games but they don't have to be for everyone.

I agree, enderal might be great but alas you won't be playing it since it's a total conversion MOD.;)

But I will be playing it as it is a total conversion MOD. It will have nothing to do with Skyrim at all. It is a completely different game. Though I should have to explain that to you as you seem to know it is a total conversion and not a MOD to the game Skyrim.

Last edited:
It isn't that I didn't like parts of the game, plus I have a hard time once I start playing a game no matter how much I like it or don't like it not finishing it. Maybe that is why I don't rush out and buy every RPG out there.

Mods,I just rather play the game as was released and the patches that follow. Not saying Mods don't improve some games but they don't have to be for everyone.

But I will be playing it as it is a total conversion MOD. It will have nothing to do with Skyrim at all. It is a completely different game. Though I should have to explain that to you as you seem to know it is a total conversion and not a MOD to the game Skyrim.

They call it a total conversion MOD on their website, so I found it funny. no matter though it was a joke. That's what the wink emoticon is for.

Not enough jokes on the site lately.:(

lol @ the argument that you can't spend 100+ hours in a bad game. It shows the entitlement / oversaturation of gamers today. ;)

Entitlement has nothing to do with it. Anyone spending more than a few hours into a game they think is bad is either a masochist, got serious self-loathing issues, have a damaged/deformed caudate nucleus* or is simply lying and they don't actually think the game is that bad.

All the "bad" being super subjective for each individuals.

*postprocessor of the brain that manage memories and emotions to generate decisions, damage or deformation can result in addictive behavior according to studies.

Entitlement has nothing to do with it. Anyone spending more than a few hours into a game they think is bad is either a masochist, got serious self-loathing issues, have a damaged/deformed caudate nucleus* or is simply lying and they don't actually think the game is that bad.

All the "bad" being super subjective for each individuals.

*postprocessor of the brain that manage memories and emotions to generate decisions, damage or deformation can result in addictive behavior according to studies.

Or they are trying to get some value for their money, or have nothing in their backlog, or are trying to form an opinion of a piece of software that they spent money on before throwing it away. All of which seems more likely than brain damage.

Or they are trying to get some value for their money, or have nothing in their backlog, or are trying to form an opinion of a piece of software that they spent money on before throwing it away. All of which seems more likely than brain damage.

Damaged/deformed caudate nucleus have been seen more often on gamers who spend over 6 hours a week playing games than in any other test groups.

So it's more probably because of "brain damage".

Oh you were serious, maybe I don't know what the wink emoticon means.

If that's the case then I'm entitled because I don't want to spend 100+ hours in a game I don't like?

That statement is so outlandish I thought it had to be a joke.

Damaged/deformed caudate nucleus have been seen more often on gamers who spend over 6 hours a week playing games than in any other test groups.

So it's more probably because of "brain damage".

I've been playing games for over 6 hours a week for over 40 years, so my caudate nucleus should be completely gone by now :D Since I didn't even know I had one, I don't miss it

I've been playing games for over 6 hours a week for over 40 years, so my caudate nucleus should be completely gone by now :D Since I didn't even know I had one, I don't miss it

I don't know much about gaming's effects on the brain, but I'd says it's as likely that it's the damage that leads to excessive gaming, as vice versa.

It changes per post, Drithius. It started out about Pete Hines; everyone's favorite Bethesda personality :)

what the hell is this thread about?

Militant Bethesda defence and accusations of trolling, via neuroscience and bickering. It's a pristine example of an RPGWatch thread in the wild. :biggrin:

Oh you were serious, maybe I don't know what the wink emoticon means.

If that's the case then I'm entitled because I don't want to spend 100+ hours in a game I don't like?

That statement is so outlandish I thought it had to be a joke.

let's stick to the facts for a change, you implied that a game cannot be bad if someone spends 150 hours on it. Which just seems like entitled BS for the reasons I mentioned - not everyone enjoys spending money on nothing. Especially if we're talking about games that aren't complete trash, but simply mediocre (like Skyrim).

If you want outlandish, how about the claim that people who spend time on a mediocre game suffer from brain damage :D

let's stick to the facts for a change, you implied that a game cannot be bad if someone spends 150 hours on it. Which just seems like entitled BS for the reasons I mentioned - not everyone enjoys spending money on nothing. Especially if we're talking about games that aren't complete trash, but simply mediocre (like Skyrim).

If you want outlandish, how about the claim that people who spend time on a mediocre game suffer from brain damage :D

Facts, what facts? We're just stating opinions. I'm not saying the game must be good because he spent 150 hours in it. I'm saying why the hell would you spend 150 hours playing a game you think is bad.( which he latter amended and said he like parts of it)

I still don't understand the entitlement bit but I value time over money. I can make more money but every second I spend on something I don't enjoy I'll never get back. So playing Bad games simply because I spent money on it is out of the question.

And yes I'm in no way affiliated with the brain damage comment.:)

Last edited:
Well I do believe Couch has his own site you can go and hang out in if this place is so tiring.

Well, kinda. There's a site there, but no ongoing conversations of any kind. I think there are only 22 members, so it might be weeks between posts. Couch does post quite a bit of news though, so that's worth a peek.

Militant Bethesda defence and accusations of trolling, via neuroscience and bickering. It's a pristine example of an RPGWatch thread in the wild. :biggrin:

Really? Not seeing a lot of defense just a lot of *sighs*....

Well I do believe Couch has his own site you can go and hang out in if this place is so tiring.

It's not the place, it's certain people;)

It's not the place, it's certain people;)

Well, if more people joined and made comments there it would be wouldn't it be?

Does everyone have to take your hand and lead you though things?

Back to the point, if this place is so tiring it might be a place for you to hang out with like minded people.

Well, if more people joined and made comments there it would be wouldn't it be?

Does everyone have to take your hand and lead you though things?

Back to the point, if this place is so tiring it might be a place for you to hang out with like minded people.

I can't leave this place to people like you and Joxer, sorry.

Back
Top Bottom