Bard's Tale IV - Automap confirmed for the original trilogy

Remake is looking good so far. Can't wait to get my hands on these. I hope there are a few other quality of life features as well.

Automap is good but wait, these aren't being released until IV is released? Damn, I was hoping to play through these before IV.

something is significantly lost when these old games w/out automap are suddenly given them. Its like what coloring does to black and white movies.

Well, you can always still watch the black and white movie I guess. But personally I would normally not watch one.
Guess as long as its optional it should be fine for everyone.

I cannot wait to get these.

Hmm. I am hoping this is an optional feature, as I just started getting into manual map-making with a great program called Grid Cartographer. Very simple to use and makes great maps. So, I'd like to map these games myself like they were originally realized, so I hope it's optional. We'll see.

I hope there's more to these "remakes" than just an auto-map. Does anyone know if they're upgrading the visuals and/or the UI at all?

I hope there's more to these "remakes" than just an auto-map. Does anyone know if they're upgrading the visuals and/or the UI at all?

Link in the OP shows the upgraded UI and automap.

Link in the OP shows the upgraded UI and automap.

Ouch.. that view window is painfully small. If that's what the final product looks like, I'll pass. :-/

I know the world-view was also very small in the originals, but I was hoping they would modernize it somewhat by making that window larger.

Back
Top Bottom