Gogamer.com no longer?!?

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
NOOO!!!!!!

I just went to check what the latest 48 hour specials were at Gogamer, and Lo and behold it seems to be gone!!

http://www.gogamer.com/

How could this be?? Does anyone know if maybe they still exist under a different name?

that's strange it worked 10 minutes ago, but not now. maybe they are performing site maintence, and or forgot to pay their bills. it'd be a shame if they truly are gone.

Bad, very bad--I can't believe they're gone though. Hopefully something will turn up--I don't know where I'll shop for games if this is permanent.

I just clicked on your link, JDR. Looks fine to me.

Either they haven't paid their bills, they are getting squatted on or a DNS has stolen their name for some reason.

I just went thru all 194 PC-RPG items. Clicking on JDR's link still works fine for me.

try deleting your temp internet files dte, and see if it still works. maybe you're seeing a cached version perhaps?

This morning was the first time I'd ever gone to that site. No recycled cache here.

I'm also just seeing the typical unused domain advertisement thingy.

Weird, I get both results. Sometimes, I reach their site. Sometimes, I reach the domain squatter.

I just get the 'this site for rent' page --tried several times today. Bizarre that different people are getting different results.

Are y'all auto-logging? Since I've never been there, I don't have an account. Perhaps the site is misbehaving for returning customers? (just looking for common threads, since it doesn't seem to be geographic)

Ok now this is really strange, I just tried it and it's working now!

I think Lucky Day was right, they must have temporarily been shut down from not paying a bill, or they got hijacked for a little while. Although it's very odd that dteowner was able to go there, so he might have a point about them having an error with the accounts.

Anyways it's a huge relief to see them back up, definitely one of my favorite places for great game deals.

Worked for me and I've never been there before either.

Doesn't work for me (at the moment). The domain expired on the 7th and we'll all get different results depending on the DNS propagation and our ISPs. I've read elsewhere they since paid the bill but it will take a couple of days for everyone to catch up.

Finally back up for me--I was getting nervous. The madness specials (15 hrs left atm) are pretty good, too--Arcanum for $12.90 and Jade Empire SE for $7.90.

Some domaingrabber tried to get hold of it ?

Doesn't work for me (at the moment). The domain expired on the 7th and we'll all get different results depending on the DNS propagation and our ISPs. I've read elsewhere they since paid the bill but it will take a couple of days for everyone to catch up.

That is exactly right - it was a news item somewhere I read back on ~ the 8th with folks freaking out. I get my madness mail, so I know that part is still working.

Back
Top Bottom