GTA IV - Impressions & Reviews

Reviews give 100% to the graphics. From players comments though I have read that the graphics are mediocre at best or "GTA 3 with blur".

Graphics are cool. See for yourself in the HD version of the GameTrailers review. Plus physics are handled using the Euphoria Physics Engine. And they look really nice. Can hardly wait for it to come to PC. It's gonna be awesome. Especially multiplayer with friends:D

The guys that said graphics are mediocre or "GTA3 with blur" sound more like bashers.

Some fans are reporting freezing/crashing. It's a stubborn problem for the folks who are experiencing it, apparently.

I still need to finish gta3 1-3

Don't let yourself get caught up in the unnecessary feeling that you need to finish a prequel before you can enjoy a sequel. Especially in a series like GTA where there is absolutely no connection between the games story wise.

Don't let yourself get caught up in the unnecessary feeling that you need to finish a prequel before you can enjoy a sequel. Especially in a series like GTA where there is absolutely no connection between the games story wise.

I know but I like the game and the music. I actually do want to see it all. I dont mind dated graphics. Also there is some special enjoyment I get for completing everything in order.

Some fans are reporting freezing/crashing. It's a stubborn problem for the folks who are experiencing it, apparently.

More than likely something to do with hardware and both systems seem to be reporting the problem. Kotaku have a little article on it. I've had no problems on my shiny new PS3 that a bit my lip and brought the other day. I guess I play this game a lot more subdued than most and it's not total mayhem like loads of FPS games. Some of the cut scenes are quite strong - in a Pulp Fiction sort of way, and this one has some choice and consequence that I don't remember being in the previous games.

addition:

Having said that the game is missing elements like the RPG'ish stats from San Andreas.

Last edited:
The swedish paper gave this a fairly lukewarm review saying 3/5, brings nothing new to the genre. I guess those people judge everything except gameplay again? Basically this article said the gameplay is almost same as previous games except one cover system. It doesn't felt new or fresh or that much fun if you already played the other GTA's a lot? is this reviewer a nutcase? or does he have some meat to his bones? I don't know this series very well I have only played part 2!

The swedish paper gave this a fairly lukewarm review saying 3/5, brings nothing new to the genre. I guess those people judge everything except gameplay again? Basically this article said the gameplay is almost same as previous games except one cover system. It doesn't felt new or fresh or that much fun if you already played the other GTA's a lot? is this reviewer a nutcase? or does he have some meat to his bones? I don't know this series very well I have only played part 2!

I read the review (if it was in GP?).

I agree with it. I do not think that GTA is any revolution or a 10/10 game. Its a great game if you enjoy the game play. Its however, extremly well polished and extend the game play on the predecessor. But its basicly the same thing.

3/5 is a more sane grade. But seeing the grades inflating in the gaming genre people might not feel there is anywhere to go but up. If your into the game, and love the serie, 3/5 is soo wroong.

However, me is really enjoying GTA IV, more than i believed i would. Its a gaming worlds answer to the movie Transformer. Not the greatest film ever, but a really great production!!

EDIT:
Oh forgot this part: the reivew mention something i haven't experience yet. As soon as i do, i will rethink my grade an move it to a perfect 10 :). Apparently Dominion is played in the radio from Sister of Mercy fame. I completly ADORE that song.

I am soo cheap.

Nice article of Leslie Benzies, producer of Rockstar's Grand Theft Auto IV, and he "proves to be no Niko Bellic".

Linky

You're welcome!

Anyone got funny stories when playing the game?

Some interesting stories posted on Ars Technica; here's one of them:

i picked up my date and took her to the theater to watch the show, on the way out to the car another car plowed into my hummer causing it to knock over a fire hydrant and send water spewing into the air. I accidentally walked into the stream of water which blew me into the air and I landed on my head causing damage. My date said, I've had enough this crap I'll find my own way home.

More stories here

Back
Top Bottom