2014 FIFA World Cup

About ronaldo,

Fantastic player, but he could also be a lazy pain in the ###
I did not like him very much

Must be something with the name, i don't like christiano ronaldo either

Game was absolutely embarrassing until Belgium scored in extra time. Why does the U.S. routinely play like they don't care until they go down a goal? Spending 90 minutes in front of your own net is laughable.

Why does the U.S. routinely play like they don't care until they go down a goal?
It's soccer. They don't care until they're reminded that it's a competition. ;)

So then, between the stupid diving and the US being out, I think I can safely ignore World Cup now. I suppose I could cast a generic vote for some Cinderella rather than the usual suspects. With us being out, doesn't that leave nothing but Euro and South American teams?

It's soccer. They don't care until they're reminded that it's a competition. ;)

So then, between the stupid diving and the US being out, I think I can safely ignore World Cup now. I suppose I could cast a generic vote for some Cinderella rather than the usual suspects. With us being out, doesn't that leave nothing but Euro and South American teams?

I'm rooting for Colombia though it'll probably end up with the same ol' teams in the end: Brazil, Germany, Netherlands, Argentina. Then Brazil - Argentina, and Brazil winning at the end.

I thought the Belgium-US game was enjoyable to watch, especially 2nd half. The game however should have been over after 90 min. Tim Howard put on an exceptional performance to stop us from scoring.

Now we'll have to try to shut Messi down. To be honest, of all the quarter finalists, Argentina is probably the best one to face. They have not been playing that well, and well, it is clear where the danger lies with them...

Too bad the Swiss lost - they almost made it happen. At least it was an open game and enjoable to watch after the desaster against France.
Now I only have the germans to root for (the advantage of having lived in many countries, is that you always have several teams to cheer for at the world cup :) ).
But I really have no idea what will happen Friday - both Germany and France had really strong games, and really week ones - I guess for now it's completely open which way it will swing.

It's always open. ;)
You have a propability distribution for wins, draw and loss in each game (if it's not a knockout). My guess is: Germany wins 70%, France wins 30%.

It's always open. ;)
You have a propability distribution for wins, draw and loss in each game (if it's not a knockout). My guess is: Germany wins 70%, France wins 30%.

Eh, what I'm saying, then, is it's 50-50, with a 100% error margin ;)

I'd say every quarter final except Netherlands - Costa Rica is completely open. The matches should be great!

Back
Top Bottom