I'm totally envious of you blokes that have current pen and paper campaigns going on now.
Me too. I played from about 1982 to 2000 pretty solidly, and then on and off for the next 10 years or so. I also used to play a heap of other systems with various groups: Cyberpunk 2020, Role Master, Gamma World... so many.
Then we moved city about 13 years ago and.... kaput.
I tried to get back into it recently, playing old school clones like Labyrinth Lord and Swords & Wizardry, but could only scrape together one friend and my son. That lasted a few sessions before I realised that even they wouldn't be able to invest the time to make it work. Oh well. :(

I tried to get back into it recently, playing old school clones like Labyrinth Lord and Swords & Wizardry, but could only scrape together one friend and my son. That lasted a few sessions before I realised that even they wouldn't be able to invest the time to make it work. Oh well. :(
Counting down to retirement age, when that shouldn't be much of a problem!

Somewhat related (although a few years old) I recently discovered the documentary on Prime:
It made me realize how much the tangible art in the books, magazines, etc influenced my imagination and love of DnD and fantasy RPGs in general.

I'm retired and ready to play right now! I believe my porch would lend itself quite well as a playing area, might give the neighbors something else to complain about. -p

"Looking for pen & paper group" ... With this formulation / wording , I guess, at least nobody could mistaken it for something different ... :ROFLMAO:

I hope they don't start putting "est. 1974" on all their products, I hate when companies do that. It just reminds you that all the original talent is probably dead by now.

Back
Top Bottom