8.3% Unemployment Lie

@ JDR welcome to back to Florida… Not much of an improvement over Michigan. :p

I shouldn't complain as I'm gainfully employed, however Florida has it's own issues.

Oh I know. My father still lives there, and I visit at least once a year.

To be honest, I think Florida is vastly overrated in general, but just about anywhere would be preferable to the Detroit Metro area right now. :)

Where in FL do you live?

Oh I know. My father still lives there, and I visit at least once a year.

To be honest, I think Florida is vastly overrated in general, but just about anywhere would be preferable to the Detroit Metro area right now. :)

FL is definitely overrated, despite that it still has some charm beyond the typical tourist attractions - nature in general (canoeing, cave diving, beaches, fishing, hunting, ect).

Where in FL do you live?

Currently in Jacksonville, but I may have to move to Tampa or possibly Boca Raton in the next couple months(work).

Last edited:
Well hopefully you don't end up in Tampa. It's not completely horrible, but there are a lot of better areas in FL.

I grew up in Punta Gorda. It's a small town just north of Ft Myers, and a little more than an hour south of Tampa.

To be honest, I'm not a fan of Tampa(aside from a Cuban restaurant/bakery there, though I can't seem to recall their name, they have great cuban coffee and pastries)… If I have to go down there I'll probably try and rent a place out of Lutz and commute into town.

I'm a little burnt out with Florida, but I can't really move out of state either(family obligations that require I stay within reasonable travel distance). It's funny you mentioned Hawaii earlier, I always joke with my dad that we should buy a Kona or Cocao farm there… Or start up some kind of aquaculture farm off the coast.

When I was younger, my friends and I used to drive up to Tampa a lot on the weekends to go to the Ybor City district. It was basically nothing but bars and nightclubs there. As I got older though, I started to realize how ghetto most of that area actually was. I haven't been to Tampa in more than a Decade though, other than a trip to Busch Gardens a few years back.

Have you ever been to Hawaii? Once you go there, a lot of other places won't seem as nice as you used to perceive them. :)

Back
Top Bottom