A Big Thank You

narpet

Sentinel
Hello all...

I know this is a fairly useless post... but I wanted to say it anyway.

I love PC gaming (obviously)... and I love the internet as a tool for getting info about PC gaming (demos, reviews, previews, etc). But I've never been a virtual social butterfly. I've never felt the urge to post my opinions and ideas on any forum (though I have lurked on many different gaming sites).

This is the absolute first place that I've ever felt like "talking" to people. Sure I've posted once or twice on other boards, but never really joined the community.

RPGWatch (and Dot before it) has a great community of active posters. There are varied opinions and interesting topics. I rarely see any discussion get heated beyond what is healthy.

So thanks to you all... I really enjoy reading and posting here. This is a cool place for CRPG youngsters, middlers and oldsters alike... and I really appreciate finally having a place on the net where I feel welcomed and comfortable.

Thanks back at you!

This is one of two places I like to actively participate ...
This is a cool place for CRPG youngsters, middlers and oldsters alike

... and that is exactly why ...

I rarely post for several reasons. But I have not seen some of the typical BS I see on other forums on this one yet.

This (or the dot, same community though) was the first place I posted as well. I'm probably the only real big idiot that posts here, but for the most part I keep it down. And they keep my around because once in a while I make a good point, and other times a post of pure genius.

You guys are right, very wide berth of ideas and perspectives here. And there are a lot of people I disagree with on a lot of things, and I give them a hard time to get them going. And then everyone gives me a hard time when I start speaking the truth about what a crpg is, but they know I'm right.

Thanks for the feedback. It's actually quite hard to get the right balance - we want people to feel comfortable but we don't want to stifle strident debate. Thankfully, our small but diverse community generally takes care of itself.

Yes, it's a pleasure to work here!! Now, if only we got paid!!! :biggrin:

Roqua, I thought we kept you around because you are the standard for a Real Man.

That too of course. If it was working you wouldn't have become a seaman, but joined the 82nd as an infantryman like you should've. I failed you and I'm sorry.

I concur with narpet wholeheartedly! This has become my internet home to check for RPG news and I really like the friendly atmosphere in the forums. It brought me out of my lurking existence and actually stimulated me to partake in posting (albeit intermittently) for the first time in my life. Keep up the good work staff!

This is a very non-judgemental board, and I really appreciate the restraint that has kept most people from telling me that I am the clueless winner of the "World's Longest & Most Obvious Message Board Posts" contest.

Too many boards like to call themselves a "community" but are really just a clique closing ranks against those who don't share their opinions. Here people seem willing to listen to anything without thinking it's a slam against their own position. Thanks as narpet says to the whole group. :)

My pc gaming and internet time has been on the wane for a while due to school and stuff, so i havent been coming around, or being as active as i used to. It's always nice when I drop in after some time and see that the original staff is still holding the torch, and our crew always has a great (and ad-free) place to hang out year after year.

Yes, thank you indeed, O' Keepers of the Watch ='.'=

Thanks indeed.

I joined the Dot back in 02' and though I'm not a daily visitor, I've greatly enjoyed the pleasant personalities and mental stimulation on these boards.

I joined the dot and the watch right from the beginning, and it was (nearly) always a pleasure to discuss with all the different persons all over the world.

It's all about getting and giving information about crpgs - one of my major interests.

I was tricked into coming here by psionic leprechauns.

I am one of the many that moved over from the dot and there it was the same as here. After a while you feel like they are a part of you family or a group you hang out and like a lot but still not real friends.
I landed on the dot because I foudn gothic in a store and got stuck, since then I didn't leave anymore.
My post aren't that spectacular or anything and still everybody treats everybody equal. (But some are more equal than others :p)

I have to agree. This place has been the only site I will post on regularly and it is solely because it feels safe and friendly here. No one feels the need for the four letter word barrage to try and express themselves. We all respect each others opinions even if we don't agree with it. And we can all take a joke and a tease and not fly off the handle.

Come to think of it, it is better then my family acts at times. Hummmmmmmm.........Guess I need to do some work here. ;) :whip:

Bah! Ur 4ll sTooPid. My opinonz is only matter. Teh rest of u think u so nice but u not so nice cuz u dont lisen 2 me. Oblivian suxxors, u loozers.

Sorry. Getting too sugary, even if I do love this place just as much as the rest of you.

OMG u r 2 l4m3! not 1 lol ?!?! WTF?!?!111one

Thank you, you're too kind. I love you too, man! :smitten:

Back
Top Bottom