A proper farewell

Even in your farewell you're taking a jab at me. Typical DArt. :D

Hope you find whatever it is you are searching for and have many happy days ahead. We'll miss ya, bud. Take care. :)

Love,
Fluent

Damn you, you lovable rogue. Those are some pretty warm words. :)

It's sad to hear you're leaving. However, you've come back before. So for the moment I refuse to accept we've seen the last of you. ;)

I'm not really comfortable with the way things are either; Myrthos using the site as a data mining device, condescending news posters posting JRPG news, etc. These policies are the reason why I won't become a donor in the foreseeable future.

I can totally understand that this place eats up too much of your time. However, "too much" is relative. Maybe you're in an engaging relationship right now and you have a ton of things going on in your life. Maybe if you're dumped, broke and unemployed, you'll come back to play with us. Yes. I am that selfish.

I've got to wish you all the best so I don't sound like a total ass though. I always thought you were one of the... "things" that made the Watch unique. And you brought much needed debate to this quiet place. Whatever you're spending your time on now, I hope you get a kick out of it, much like I got from reading your posts.

:salutes:

10 bucks says you'll be back when the right thread comes along! ;)

Dramatic exits that aren't seem also to be a Watch tradition.

Ah bummer. Times do change I know (age itself will take folks away) but still it is easy to get comfortable with a site and the people who visit it. You always added some positive controversy to things, well from my view point. Have fun on the game you are working on and what ever else you do with your free time.

Sad to see you go, but thats life. Very few things remain the same all the time, no matter how much we would like to. Not sure what the future looks like for RpgWatch, but this place certainly becomes a lot quieter once you exit.

I enjoyed reading your posts as you always stood your ground, knowing what you like and dislike, so respect for that. :) Its really people who aren't afraid of ruffling a few feathers keep these kind of forums active.

Anyhow enjoy the new adventures ahead of you and keep playing crpgs even if you're not debating about then!

Farewell.

Thankful for advice given concerning some games,
I've realized that we have had some common conceptions of what we want from games, escapism, immersion and exploration. And in Scifi games, a sense of wonder.
Though you are far more vocal and hardliner than me :)

I'm realizing myself that I'm turning into a lurker, passing by more and more irregularly just to read about games that I will never have the time or inclination to play.

Good luck with your endeavours

C

Fare well. I hope we'll see you in a few years again. ;)

DA, hope you come back.

It's always nice reading your posts.
Thanks for the words. I believe I stop talking when people start posting walls of text (like you sometimes do) because I end up reading and not having time to post.

Also, I think the reason you find this too much work is because you feel you need to write so much.

Do like me and just join one or two topics at a time and just stop when people post long walls. :)

Anyway, sent you a PM.

Have a lovely life and good luck with your endeavours !

Well now, I was in Vegas last week for business meetings and this week at Mont Tremblant for family fun. So this is the first time I have checked in here and seems like a lot has been going on.

Dart, you will be missed and have been missed. I could go on and say please don't go, though what good would that do.

I have always enjoyed your post and will miss reading them with my morning coffee when I should be replying to work e-mails.

All the best with life and what it may bring to you and your family.

Celtic

All the best Dart, I'll miss your walls of text over in P&R. The place just won't be the same without you. Enjoy your future pursuits!!

Okay I said I wouldn't ask you to go as I see no point in changing your mind or what is best for you.

Though if you are playing on playing Enderal - The Shards of Order, how about delete your account after you have played it and made a few post on GAME OF THE YEAR.

Dart,
I've loved your logic and reasoning. It was truly refreshing to argue with someone that didn't require emotional therapy afterwards. Your walls of text shall be missed. I'm glad I was able to convince you to even consider another viewpoint, for that is the greatest compliment one debater can give another. You have done the same and I appreciate it. Best of luck in new pursuits and a truly great future. Stay positive.

DArt, as you can see, you will (and have been) missed. I know we had a few tiffs and teasing, but I truly appreciate your views on games and other topics.

I wish you success and joy in all your endeavors. :)

All the best DArt. I dunno who will fill your void of offering a third line of discourse instead of the bipartisan ones we have now. You will be missed. :)

Truly sad to see you go Dart, even when we didn't agree I always felt your posts were thoughtful and from the heart which is a rare thing to find on the net.

Wish you all the best going forward, farewell.

That's a sincerely felt roll-call of posters there, DArt, thanks.
Whilst in my early days here at the Watch your posts were often intimidating and infuriating in equal measure, after awhile their stylistic familiarity became something to look forward to as there would often be a point on game design or a philosophical insight that was interesting for me, even when I didn't fully agree with you.

That insight will certainly be missed at the 'Watch.

You're an articulate chap who knows how to relay your life and passion for gaming experiences in memorable (and often extended and tangential!) ways. I'm certain whatever endeavors you combine your intellect and heart towards, you'll be successful. Don't be a stranger to the Watch now; maybe write a review here or there. Cheers.

I rarely agreed with Dart, but I still like him. I know that goes against everything most people believe in. The horrors! :)

Aww Dart, when I saw your posts earlier in the week, I thought you are back. Sad to see you go. I've said so many goodbyes in recent days but I just can't get used to it. Be happy wherever you are!

Back
Top Bottom