Aloran - TB Fantasy RPG on Kickstarter

A checklist anyone could have posted? Are we really that jaded and cynical that we have to look at new Kickstarters as scams and worthless? I refuse to do that.

They have 54 days to gain momentum and get funded. That is plenty of time. Heck, I may even throw every last penny I currently can at the project, making it my first funded project on Kickstarter.

This sounds like a game I would love to play and I wish the developers nothing but success. I'm already in contact with them to do some coverage for the game.

I love to play this game too but how do I know these people can deliver what they are promising? Do you know that many KS fail so surly is it wrong to ask for some reassurance they have the talent to pull this off?

How do you know any Kickstarter will deliver a good or great game? Surely it's a dice roll in any event. You could have the biggest nostalgia name in the world deliver a dud, or complete nobodies deliver greatness. Who knows? But I know that I will pull for the underdog every single time.

Stephen wants to create a 2D isometric, turn-based RPG with old-school stats and mechanics. I would pledge to that nearly instantly.

Besides, it doesn't hurt at all to lay down $50, $100, whatever on something that may not even reach successful funding, therefore you won't even be charged for it.

Regardless of what I think now, it doesn't matter much...

The project not getting funded is not the problem. The project getting funded and then not getting released will be the problem.

And it's really not a dice roll, but considerate judgement. Otherwise you could say that 96% of my dice rolls were extremely lucky, having pledged (including paid) for around 50 Kickstarter projects where only one so far is considered dead (Roam) and another one underdelivered (JA Flashback)

Any single project can raise the funds and then disappear from the face of the world. Pledging to anything on Kickstarter is a gamble, plain and simple, and yes, you have gotten extremely lucky, but it's also because Kickstarter has fared well thus far.

Oh well. I'm sure many people will agree with you, so plenty of great games that could have been made will never see the light of day. Yay for "considerate judgment"! :D

How do you know any Kickstarter will deliver a good or great game? Surely it's a dice roll in any event. You could have the biggest nostalgia name in the world deliver a dud, or complete nobodies deliver greatness. Who knows? But I know that I will pull for the underdog every single time.

Stephen wants to create a 2D isometric, turn-based RPG with old-school stats and mechanics. I would pledge to that nearly instantly.

Besides, it doesn't hurt at all to lay down $50, $100, whatever on something that may not even reach successful funding, therefore you won't even be charged for it.

Regardless of what I think now, it doesn't matter much…

I like plenty of KS but I don't have lot of money to fund them all so I have to pick and choose :) How do I pick and choose? Well I need to apply some criteria and one of those is who are the devs.

Right. Most people need some famous name or face attached to a project, but what about the next famous name that we don't know yet?

Who knows, maybe this game will deliver and be amazing.

I go with what moves me the most. Any 2D isometric RPG with the feature list that this game had I will root for every time.

No body is asking for famous name or face but bit more info on the developer. We know nothing about them.What have they done in the past? Have they worked for any gaming company? Were they part of any games? All we have so far on the KS page is this about the developers?

"The Current Team

Husband and Wife team
Stephen Burns
Jingjing Ye"

We don't know nothing more. Do they even know how to code? Am I missing something? Are there more info there? Based on their website we only know they can use flash or something similar.

They are asking money and they can give out bit more info about themselves!

The Kickstarter page is weak. I doubt they'll make it.

The Kickstarter page is weak. I doubt they'll make it.

Well exactly. If they can't be bothered to make proper KS page what chance is there they will make good game?

I just matched Fluent's pledge on this game. I feel so much better and empowered.

Well exactly. If they can't be bothered to make proper KS page what chance is there they will make good game?

If you look carefully there are a couple of indicators that they might pull it off. The stuff they show is no rubbish.
Their KS page OTOH is boring and lacks a lot of necessary infos.

I really wish they had included more in this KS package. So had to even judge how far along they are into the project. I sort of like the idea of being able to have a 8 person party. Maybe if some more information comes out before the 50plus days are up.

I just matched Fluent's pledge on this game. I feel so much better and empowered.

Love how he can pressure others to spend their HARD EARNED money but never has any of his own. Just never ends with him.

On my watch list.
Like others I'm hoping to see and hear more.

I really wish they had included more in this KS package. So had to even judge how far along they are into the project. I sort of like the idea of being able to have a 8 person party. Maybe if some more information comes out before the 50plus days are up.

If what you see is what you get, the only thing they have done yet is background graphics.
In the few things they mention neither a movement system nor a combat system is fleshed out yet.

If you look carefully there are a couple of indicators that they might pull it off. The stuff they show is no rubbish.
Their KS page OTOH is boring and lacks a lot of necessary infos.

I really wish they do because this is something I like. However note you with Unity engine and store bought assets you can easily knock up pretty looking pictures. I have a colleague at work who can do that but he is rubbish programmer, artiste etc. I am not saying these are bad or anything but you can see alarm bells start ringing in my head :)

The screens don't look bad, and this sounds like something that might interest me, but I'm going to go with the majority on this one: the page is just too bare. I'll be keeping an eye on it, but keeping my hard earned money in my pocket for now.

And Fluent, at least put your money where you mouth is if you're going to blame us for the decline of RPGs. :p

WE can always help them out and do a Q&A with them. What specific questions would you like to see answered?

Back
Top Bottom