Archmage Rises - Future of the Game

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The development team for Archmage Rises gets bigger:

FUTURE OF THE GAME

Last week I alluded to Something Really Big happening this week. It's here!

1. We're Being Acquired*
There is a new game studio starting up which really likes who we are (character & culture), what we're doing (the game Archmage Rises), and how we are doing it (process & culture).

I know! I'm as shocked as you are!

Rather than starting from scratch, they would rather build from the Team & Tech here at Defiance and take it to the next level.

They are impressed with and believe there is "gaming gold" in Archmage Rises. So much so, that they are willing to expand the team and pay what it costs to finish it well (within reason).

Then the plan is to take that base (tech/design) and bring the "live a life" simulator to other genres, titles, and platforms.

I will be co-Studio Head along with Mark of the new studio. I've been self employed for 20 years so this new position opens a new chapter of my life, one I am excited to embark on. If Sid is right that games are about "interesting choices" then I think I can say life is about "interesting challenges". I think being co-head with Mark will work well and is worth figuring out. It worked for Naughty Dog to have co-presidents!

(*for tax & legal reasons it's not 100% accurate to say we are being acquired but it gets the correct idea across.)

[...]
Thanks Couchpotato!

More information.

At this point the whole game is laughable. It's so far behind schulde already, and now he's talking about cutting content that will be released after it releases.

Ouch, that whole quoted text is cringimus maximus.

Good luck to them, in any case.

Back
Top Bottom