Aubrielle's Deeply Personal Conversation

It takes a lot of strength to open your heart, to show vulnerabilities, and share past and present difficulties, IRL when talking to people you know, and even more when facing an anonymous crowd.

At times you must have wondered how to keep on going, where to find the strength to continue struggling, fighting, day after day, endless it seems, fearing what may be waiting for you at the next corner.

But here you are.
Shining warmth, energy.

I think you're stronger than you often think you are, dear Aubrielle.

Thanks for your words, for sharing, for the intimacy.
Thanks for your postings, your news, your opinions, your views.
Thanks for your presence.

I'm glad you're back.

I didn't notice this post at first, I rarely look in the OT section. But wow, that sounds real rough. I wasn't aware you were missing from the site, though. Maybe b\c I was away from it myself for a few months. Good luck with your life!

Last edited:
Those wondering what Aubrielle is talking about, it probably means you don't frequent the Politics & Religion forum. There is a reason why many families have a 'no politics or religion discussions' rule, it can become toxic real quick.

Those wondering what Aubrielle is talking about, it probably means you don't frequent the Politics & Religion forum. There is a reason why many families have a 'no politics or religion discussions' rule, it can become toxic real quick.

It's actually not too bad now, since Myrthos changed his mind about trolls. Most of those critters that got their kicks from malice have taken their ball somewhere else.

First of all, let me say, that was incredibly brave to share your feelings like that. I have a lot of respect for that. It must mean your inner strength is returning. That is a good sign.

On a more personal note, I have very much enjoyed your contributions to the watch and really appreciate your efforts. (that goes for everybody that keeps this place up and running). Keep those articles coming!

Again thank you, and may happiness fill your heart.

Haven't been here long and don't really know anyone that well but please accept some positive waves from this random internet denizen. I'm hoping the future finds you healthier and happier.

:)

ps - if you need a bit of a chuckle to lift your spirits go look up the laughing lady in chewbacca mask on youtube. She's having such a good time it's hard not to laugh along with her.

Another semi-lurker, but I just wanted to say +1000 for diversity, and I feel RPGWatch is better than most communities in that regard, especially for it's size.

Glad you're feeling better, Aubrielle, and let me use this opportunity to say thank you, not only to you, but the whole staff for a great site and the entertaining and useful content.

Wow, now that was a rough year! I'm glad you're back - we can really use your opinions around here.

Yeah, but if you can keep temperature down you can really learn a lot. Simply formulating an argument can make you think deeply about what you believe and why. Plus it's a turn based system! Those real time conversations rely far too much on how quickly you can twitch your lips. ;)

It becomes toxic everywhere.

Me, I've come to the point to often address myself as "I'm the freak here" and sim ilar expressions, and to write that some things are my *personal* opinion. I always try to make that clear.

However, I've often also come to a point of clinging to my own standpoint, a bit like what Alfred Wegener did. ;) I mean, he was called a lunatic or so, but in the end, his "opinion" proved tro be true. An university professor once told us that somne theories are only "coming through" when their opponents simply die out.

Sooo, part of the "I'm the freak" here means in fact : "this is my theory; and I've too often see my theories become true, so I'll cling to it even although you consider me a lunatic." ;)
I need really strong, and logical arguments to be persuaded otherwise; and toxic discussions often present neither of them.

It's actually not too bad now, since Myrthos changed his mind about trolls. Most of those critters that got their kicks from malice have taken their ball somewhere else.

I respectfully disagree :) Yes he got rid of a troll or two (who limited themselves to just 1 section of the site) but I think the net effect of his change caused us to loose some long time and valuable posters. I think the site as whole is poorer for that.

I respectfully disagree :) Yes he got rid of a troll or two (who limited themselves to just 1 section of the site) but I think the net effect of his change caused us to loose some long time and valuable posters. I think the site as whole is poorer for that.

We'll have to agree to disagree, but I don't want to turn Aubrielle's thread into a debate. ;)

Back
Top Bottom