Bad Television

i want to see that dungeon siege movie.

Believe it or not (most who know me will believe lol) I like Uwe's films ='.'=

The real thing is fascinating enough that there's no real point in bothering with badly made-up stuff. Check out the Gnostics, the Arians, the Bogomily, and the Cathars; they're all cool.

I've read a lot on the Gnostics and the Cathars. My current interest is in the Coptic Church.

Some stuff is so bad that it is good ... I have the Postal movie but haven't watched it yet.

Another Uwe Boll fan here :).

Has anyone else seen the Postal movie yet?

Highlander: The Source is another bad movie. Someone called Ralf over at the Larian forums reviewed it and called it the worst movie he has ever fully seen, giving it 1 out of 10 points (and that point was only because it's a complete movie).

Who's going to give it a shot and suffer blissfully? Sam, perhaps? ;) Although it seems this one isn't so bad it's good, it's just ... bad (and sad - Highlander deserves better).

Haven't seen it myself, luckily.

Seems like Highlander has been on a constant slide since the original, though.

OK, against the recommendation, I've been watching "The Last Templar" on my Archos.

I've got about 20 minutes left. The first part wasn't too bad. There were some definite B movie aspects, but it wasn't horrible.

The second part, they took the cheese and cliche factor to a new level. And some of the unrealistic stuff hit new heights as well.

Now granted, I have 20 minutes left, so maybe there will be a bit of redemption at the end, but I'm really tired of the whole 'Catholic Church as the evil villain and the Templars were going to expose them.' What actually intrigued me in the first part was that the priest didn't seem like that at all. I loved his line about the Templars that went something like "They were defenders of the faith. People have forgotten their faith and only the myths and legends remain."

To me the most fascinating thing about the Templars has always been the dedication these men had. That they gave up wealth, power, wives, etc. to join an organization where if they survived to leave (which most of the knights ended up dieing in battle, and they knew it going in), you left with nothing more than you brought in. The absolute faith that that takes intrigues me, not the various conspiracy theories. For a while, I thought this movie got that.

Back
Top Bottom