Baldur's Gate - Countdown!

Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition: Summer 2012

bgannounce.jpg

I'll take an enhanced edition!

Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition is going to have new content for the game you love, made by some of the original team members.

Trent Oster on Twitter.

Well, better just block off a week of vacation right now.

No word on what happens to the old content? Will they just add new content to the old engine or maybe an updated BG2 engine? Seems a little unbelievable. They could be doing much more, so I expect to hear more from them!

From: http://www.baldursgate.com/news/2012/03/15/announcing-baldurs-gate-enhanced-edition/

Atari, Wizards of the Coast, and Overhaul Games are pleased to announce work has begun on the Enhanced Edition of Baldur’s Gate and Baldur’s Gate II.

Since its initial release in 1998, Baldur’s Gate has entertained millions of fans around the globe, and has received countless awards. This classic saga of mystery, intrigue, and adventure has set the standard for Dungeons & Dragons® computer roleplaying games ever since.

RE-FORGED BY OVERHAUL GAMES
Overhaul Games has assembled a talented team of artists, programmers and designers to enhance this timeless classic. To remain true to the spirit of the game, the team includes original Baldur’s Gate developers.

RELIVE THE MOST EPIC STORY EVER TOLD
Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition™ and Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition™ will feature a re-forged version of the Infinity Engine with a variety of modern improvements.

That's good news/bad news.

Good news is that there will be much needed enhancements to the engine.

Bad news is that a re-forged version of IE is not likely to work with existing mods.

Enhanced Edition eh? It better not be "rebalanced" for today's generation of RPG gamers.

The way I look at it ... there are loads of ways for this to go wrong (rebalance, total voice-work, too much mucking around trying to add stuff, try to charge $30 - 50, etc) - and only ONE way to go right (original game with updated graphics and maybe a few new quests for $9.99).

I wouldn't mind an iOS release either ... ;)

Back
Top Bottom