Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edtion: More Screens

Dark blue yes. Looks awful.

Sorry bro, I'm not seeing it.

screen02.png

It's in the dark grey-blue spectrum, as you can see.

I might agree with that. Dark gray-blue isn't the same thing as blue.

You can point to your color picker all you want. Anyone with one eye and half a brain can see the UI in the above pic isn't blue.

Man you people are a tough audience. Looks nice enough to me. However, don't get me started on the crappy "Black Pits" arena mode...

Those shadows definitely look dark blue to me... however, I withdraw my earlier criticism... I think it looks good enough. I'm starting to get used to it.

Those shadows definitely look dark blue to me… however, I withdraw my earlier criticism… I think it looks good enough. I'm starting to get used to it.

Transparency effect. It is quite common that black highlights into dark blue when overlapsing with lighter colours like the sand tune colour.

It turns black again when it overlapses with deeper background colours, as shown on the pic.

You're talking about the iOS and Android versions, right? Afaik, the zoom feature hasn't been confirmed for the PC version yet. I've got my fingers crossed that they can do it though.

Yes, you are right colossal misread on my part. That makes me a little less excited.

Zoom is obviously not removed for PC version. Actually mousewheel zoom was one of the first features that was announced.

"•Dynamic zoom in/out feature.
It will be possible to zoom in and out of the battlefield dynamically during gameplay by scrolling the mouse wheel up and down, within generous limits."

http://loremaster.org/content.php?270-Baldurs-Gate-Enhanced-Edition

Man you people are a tough audience. Looks nice enough to me. However, don't get me started on the crappy "Black Pits" arena mode…

That's my biggest disappointment about the EE. I have always hated arena mode type scenarios. Is the arena the only new adventure that's being included?

That said, I am still buying the game. I have played through BG 1 & 2 twice since it was released originally and haven't replayed because of the low screen res and other graphic issues. Yes I know about the mods, but they never worked properly for me and honestly in some cases I got tired of trying to get them to work.

There are still some things I want to do with this game. Since having decided recently I don't like Diablo 3, I need something to do. $20 is a small price to pay and I can't wait.

Now, if only they would re-release ToEE...

Zoom is obviously not removed for PC version. Actually mousewheel zoom was one of the first features that was announced.

"•Dynamic zoom in/out feature.
It will be possible to zoom in and out of the battlefield dynamically during gameplay by scrolling the mouse wheel up and down, within generous limits."

http://loremaster.org/content.php?270-Baldurs-Gate-Enhanced-Edition

Nobody said it was removed. It was only confirmed for the portable versions until apparently just recently. That link is the first place I've seen them mention zooming with a mouse wheel, and the date on that article is 9-04.

Yeah i didnt bother looking for the first announcement.. Here's from april 6 (limited my search on goole to may 2012):

http://www.totalpcgaming.com/uncate...nced-edition-every-detail-on-gameplay-tweaks/

"Will feature a new zoom function, with the mousewheel on PC and a pinch on iPad."

I remember it was one of the first things i mentioned about the game when i read about it :) that i was looking forward to that particular function, that's why i remember it was announced very early..

EvilManagedCare said:
Is the arena the only new adventure that's being included?

There's something like 8 extra hours of gameplay in the main game, which are quests/content related to the two new NPCs (4 hours apiece).

And yes I'm also buying the game, despite its faults I'm looking forward to it :)

Interesting.. a lot of articles make it sound like the zoom is an iOS specific feature and don't mention anything about the PC version. For example.. http://www.electronista.com/article....mac.pc.ipad.14.years.after.original.release/

"The game also features iPad-specific user interface conventions, such as standard multitouch implementations to zoom in on the action, or to swipe through dialog trees."

I went to the BGEE website today and seen a few forum topics about it. I guess I should have checked there sooner. :)

Will be interesting to find out what they mean by "within generous limits".

Back
Top Bottom