BioWare - Shadow Realms RPG

I suppose my reaction to this [not that it matters as, like others, I'm not likely to be in a position to co-op anyway]:

"We are making a game which enables a computer simulation of p&p D&D"

To which I'm like "Yay, good for them, at last someone is attempting to do this!"

But then I read:

"It will be an aRPG in a modern fantasy setting"

To which I'm like "Does not compute."

Interesting idea but I don't see it working when the crappy gaming industry can't even put out a decent MMORPG these days, and when players have become so selfish, greedy, immune to challenge and danger, and demanding of idiocy, that they'd rather solo in MMORPGs than do anything together (unless there's piles of individual rewards and incentives involved).

I don't see any kind of serious D&D style game working where even more open and generic MMORPG style is failing miserable due to how much players suck these days (actually, I think there are plenty of people who want GOOD MMORPGs these days but corporate game design is focused on profit margins, not good games, and thus we get crappy MMORPGs focused on numbers and profits, not good gameplay, just lilke we get so many weak ass console-oriented games designed for idiots).

Well this is the MMOG arm of the company, so it makes sense for them to do an online game.

It sounds like it could be a decent Diablo I clone in style, but they have to make pure MP and that kind of kills it.

Of course, if you are making a mobile game all the revenue is from tracking people's habits and who their friends are.

Today I've read about another, different, game by another company, which has 4v1 as well ... I sense a new trend approaching ...

Today I've read about another, different, game by another company, which has 4v1 as well … I sense a new trend approaching …

I read that as well. I thought I was reading about the Bioware game for a while. Seems like a bit of a trend I guess. What was the other one called?

I really don't remember anymore, I'm sorry.

I think gaming studios are trying to capture the "gamemaster/modders" players. Has in let players create the content, we are just going to make the gameplay systems and a bit of lore.

I'm not likely to play this a great deal. However, there could be a market for it. It's the kind of game that could be a massive hit or a complete miss, depending on how the community responds.

Back
Top Bottom