BioWare - Working On An Unreleased Original IP

... Anyhow.

I actually enjoyed the original Dune game quite a lot (by Westwood). It was definetly more of an adventure game than anything else (with certain strategy elements), but I see a lot of potential for an RPG there. I think it could turn out great - the books certainly contain more than enough lore.

Dune wasn't by Westwood - that was Dune 2 the RTS.

I believe the french Cryo did the adventure game.

Hmm you're right. I always thought Westwood made both, but they actually didn't.

Are you not literate, dear maggot? "Elitist sourpuss"? How, well, kindergarten of you.

You use the word "kindergarten" as an adjective ? That's interesting. I've never seen it that way.

Perhaps they'll even let you have a taste of their bodily fluids.

I think you have seen too much Twilight.

I'd love to see KotOR 3 but a new IP always sounds good.

As long as I'll enjoy the game I won't be bothered if it's original or not.

Last edited:
Expecting originality from Bioware is like expecting a retarded baboon to recite Shakespeare and perform advanced calculus.
True, but that's because they know their market. Most people really do want the same old crap over and over again. And it's like David Gaider once said: if you don't like elves and dwarfs, then you hate fantasy … and freedom (I may be paraphrasing).

I'd love to see KotOR 3 but a new IP always sounds good.

As long as I'll enjoy the game I won't be bothered if it's original or not.

Not going to happen. LEC already screwed KotOR:TSL out of the canon with KotOR Online, I can't see another single player game continuing in this universe.

I always was of the opinion that something well copied is better than something badly invented. And especially Bio is not very good in the inventing department.

The Alien RPG was being developed by Obsidian and published by Sega.

The devs. for this game, including David Gaider, have admitted that they have been inspired by lots of fictional works, including A song of Fire and Ice, World of Warcraft, Warhammer etc. The challenge is to take these inspirations and through hard work create a believable in which we, the gamers, go along. This means that from the opening cinematics we buy it, we buy the idea and the concept of the world. That in this world exists monsters and zombies and ogres and elves, dwarfs
and (low) magic as well. As far as I can tell, Bioware have done a good job making players believe the setting...and the things that come to pass in the setting as well.

Elves are treated as second-class citizens, dwarvs have no magic and the political meanderings is very very abundant in this game, it seems. If you read the entry in the codex (at the site for the game) you will learn how it come to pass that the elves do not live to a brillion years anymore. A tragic tale of love, loss and sorrow this is.

And yes, the Fade is probably inspired by the Planes in the D&D setting. However, this setting in D&D, the planes are now officially dead and buried...so the problem is what? And originality?

It may well be that Bioware can't make unique or original campaigns or games. Is this necessarily a bad thing? Many good things in life are neither creative, original nor are they unique...

However, this setting in D&D, the planes are now officially dead and buried…so the problem is what?

Which doesn't keep RPG stuff selling shops from charging relatively high prices for that …

Not on ebay and not on the board games fair in Essen, last October.

Back
Top Bottom