Divinity: Original Sin - Patch 1.0.72 Released

Well, it has critical success but 250,000 isn't monetary success. Hopefully, they'll break 1 million at least as word of mouth keeps spreading. Though I'm more critical of this game than most, I definitely want to see another Larian crpg. I love the terrain modifier type of tactics and this is the best we've seen in our genre.

Caveat: Some of my criticism comes from just playing the game too much. I was a beta-tester and really hated some of the stuff they removed from earlier editions of the game.

Well, it has critical success but 250,000 isn't monetary success. Hopefully, they'll break 1 million at least as word of mouth keeps spreading. Though I'm more critical of this game than most, I definitely want to see another Larian crpg. I love the terrain modifier type of tactics and this is the best we've seen in our genre.

It isn't super success but game only came out two weeks ago and it is Larian's fastest selling game and they broke even on 100k so rest is pure profit.Dragon commander is probably still their most sold game(according to their blog it outsold Divinity 2:DKS 3:1 in first month) but it's just matter of time before D:OS surpasses it.

Use these informations with caution. I've asked in the Larian board what the sources are, and one user said, that he just did some tests.
I hope we get more reliable information in short as the latest update contains the source data for main campaign, which will soon be analyzed for sure.

It seems my caution was justified.

If it's true and this really is a bug, then this is a serious fail by their QA. I mean… how can you overlook something like this?

I can see me overlooking something like that.
The whole thing is completely irrelevant to me so I wouldn't even notice there's something wrong there even if it distorted my screen and sound got squeechy.

I can see me overlooking something like that.
The whole thing is completely irrelevant to me so I wouldn't even notice there's something wrong there even if it distorted my screen and sound got squeechy.
It's not your job to notice this, but it's very much the QA guy's job to notice it. And he has to test the features if he likes them or not. ;)

Just another reason to wait a little longer before starting this game…
Yep. A lot of patches and poor QA isn't a good combination. ;)

It's not about liking stuff. It's about QA probably thought it's working as intended. I would think that. Even if I worked in QA there I would.

Then their business process is not working. If done correctly, the QA guy gets a design document beforehand where he can see how things are supposed to work, so he has a defined expected bahaviour. With his tests he produces an actual behaviour. If these differ, he has to press a red button or something.

And I thought QA is there to make sure the outcome when it comes to games is - fun.
If it's not fun but grindy, buggy, annoying, boring - press the red button!

No wonder many recent games plain suck.

If it's not fun but grindy, buggy, annoying, boring - press the red button!
Well, and how exactly do you determine if you have a bug or a feature? ;)

Sometimes I suspect ppl ask me such things deliberately so I must repeat myself. :D
You'll determine it easily. Just compare it with Skyrim.

Since 30 June, the game has sold more than a quarter million units and has been in the top 10 sellers for both GOG.com and Steam.

*gasp*
*faints*

Back
Top Bottom