Divinity: Original Sin - Two More Reviews

You have to realize that the occurance of bugs may depend on the machine…
But all these more technical things like problems with savegames and performance may not happen to you, but to others.

Those are rig specific bugs. I'm running the game on a classic 7200rpm HDD and am not seeing too long saving/loading nor have performance issues. Sorry.
It's simply not a case of for example these:
- Thief4 that is totally unoptimized on PC and stutters even on the best machines
- Murdered Soul Suspect with such performance problems they capped vids on 30 FPS on PC
- Watch Dogs where content on PC is disabled because it looks too good compared to consoles
- A few Unity games that are trying to kill your graphics card with nothing, and your UPS is beeping like crazy because your rig is trying to suck up too many watts

Original Sin has none of these "performance problems on every single machine".
It's not bug-o-rama game, no matter what people say. Reading those things I wonder if they're still playing early access version.

We can however open a thread with bugs, those few above are not the only ones everyone will have that I've spotted.
Another such bug is a general mobs AI/script bug and happens sometimes, not very often though. Seen it three times after dozens of hours of play. In fights.
The mob that is supposed to do something just "freezes", doesn't do anything for a while but is "thinking" and you have to wait a while till the next mob or your character gets the move.
Since it's very rare, it's completely irrelevant and ignorable thing.

The critical bug that simply has to be patched no matter what and how (if they can't pinpoint the cause they should make Evelyn unkillable while in the town) I didn't have in my game is the one Zloth described in that other thread. I'm unsure if it's a gamestopper, but his story progression is now completely messed up and is confusing.

I don't think that D:OS has a lot of bugs. From all I see and hear it's in a quite good state. I just wanted to explain that absence of bugs on your side doesn't imply absence of bugs for everybody else.

Independet of the machine there could be certain actions in the game leading to buggy behaviour. If you don't perform these actions, you won't get bugs. Others perhaps will.

Back
Top Bottom