Dragon Age 2 - Review at RPGCodex

There is quite a difference in what he wrote and to what I translated it into.

And so I wonder why it isn't possible to use a more sophisticated language for expressing one's opinion ?

Must everything sound so sloppy ?

Uhhh.... the difference is that his writing is laden with delicious sarcasm and yours is some kind of white glove writing that makes it sound like you wrote it for a scientific paper.

Uhhh…. the difference is that his writing is laden with delicious sarcasm and yours is some kind of white glove writing that makes it sound like you wrote it for a scientific paper.

There's nothing wrong with being able to utilize more than 15 words of the English language. It's also worth noting that SAGO's posts are generally the same formula - some combination of "fanboy," "butthurt," "biowear," and "awesome button." Sarcasm is generally most effective if original, and used sparingly.

@sergius64 :

Aha … I never perceived it that way … Thanks for your feedback.

Uhhh…. the difference is that his writing is laden with delicious sarcasm and yours is some kind of white glove writing that makes it sound like you wrote it for a scientific paper.

You should read some good books to give you better comparison points. :rolleyes:

There's nothing wrong with being able to utilize more than 15 words of the English language. It's also worth noting that SAGO's posts are generally the same formula - some combination of "fanboy," "butthurt," "biowear," and "awesome button." Sarcasm is generally most effective if original, and used sparingly.

been watching me, you butthurt troll, huh? you a fanboy of me who actually reads all mah posts? just because i havent played every biowear game 7 times with a full verbose review (because, who would want to review games as a job? other than overwight manatees) does not make me illiterate , i am infact a member of the elite.

and all i have to do now is the press the awesome button, eh, i mean 'submit reply'

:(

been watching me, you butthurt troll, huh? you a fanboy of me who actually reads all mah posts? just because i havent played every biowear game 7 times with a full verbose review (because, who would want to review games as a job? other than overwight manatees) does not make me illiterate , i am infact a member of the elite.

and all i have to do now is the press the awesome button, eh, i mean 'submit reply'

Please try harder. I mean I have seen posts where you almost seem sincere, then you spew this. I'm sorry but you can do better.

Pink...that's new...

I think psychiatric would like a lot make a global psychological study about DA2 and effect on players.

Well the risk is they declare video games dangerous for mental health. :p Woo that's rude, it's just a joke and not targeted to anybody.:)

Seen this cycle so many times. EA buys out successful RPG developer --> Rushes said developer to create sequels by cutting development time in half but still expecting prior results ---> Game fails to deliver --> EA blames the developer and dissolves the studio.

Origin Systems RIP
Westwood Studios RIP

and soon, Bioware RIP

You are dreaming you won't get rid of Bioware that easily. People seem have forget that when Origin get disbanded it's only after some leader left, and after series of games that failed catch the attention from media or public like did older of their games. Bioware is just at reverse position, not many developer team have been so hot in attention of mass of people, disband that would make no sense.

In fact I have changed my point of view about that, I had the feeling DA series was going to a certain death because of what happened with DA2, but I'm not sure anyway.

Since DAO they have a problem of having make a game originally designed for PC but that sell a lot better on consoles. With DA2 they tried on purpose to make something very different but also more oriented to consoles hence lack of tactical view, no editor, probably higher speed, and probably some more. But that was two different goals EA and Bioware know they haven't made a follow up in a series but more a spinoff. Even if DA2 doesn't sell better than DAO, a strong option is still to come back to a design closer to DAO (ie the standard Bioware routines) plus a bit more shift to consoles (DAO sold quite better on consoles, but the schism for DA2 seems even bigger from first facts). The good point is ME series doesn't seem sell as well so if there's one to give up it's ME, good for me.

Last edited:
You are dreaming you won't get rid of Bioware that easily. People seem have forget that when Origin get disbanded it's only after some leader left, and after series of games that failed catch the attention from media or public like did older of their games. Bioware is just at reverse position, not many developer team have been so hot in attention of mass of people, disband that would make no sense.

In fact I have changed my point of view about that, I had the feeling DA series was going to a certain death because of what happened with DA2, but I'm not sure anyway.

Since DAO they have a problem of having make a game originally designed for PC but that sell a lot better on consoles. With DA2 they tried on purpose to make something very different but also more oriented to consoles hence lack of tactical view, no editor, probably higher speed, and probably some more. But that was two different goals EA and Bioware know they haven't made a follow up in a series but more a spinoff. Even if DA2 doesn't sell better than DAO, a strong option is still to come back to a design closer to DAO (ie the standard Bioware routines) plus a bit more shift to consoles (DAO sold quite better on consoles, but the schism for DA2 seems even bigger from first facts). The good point is ME series doesn't seem sell as well so if there's one to give up it's ME, good for me.

so itll be like interplay, a zombie?

Well, maybe after DA:3 they'll get rid of Bioware.

I don't understand the zombie quote nor the link with Interplay, well sago a day you'll realize it's not at all the right url here, check again, rpgwatch not rpgcodex. :biggrin:

I think if Bioware can be destroyed relatively soon, it's from internal. It's for example some key elements that take DA opportunity and motivation to leave, or because some key elements can't bear the hate around Bioware. Well I suppose it's to say haters be even more vocal but I don't think it's that simple, and that just a bunch of fanboys can have any influence. They'll just pollute more public forums but won't achieve anything.

It's rather possible that DA3 is delayed, in fact that seems a good decision. The more immediate point is more an expansion, perhaps there won't be any. For sure they will try some DLC to test the mood but an expansion is another level of investment and that soon, it's a hard decision for EA and Bioware.

Back
Top Bottom