Dragon Age - Darkspawn Chronicles Details

They ought to fix the bugs in DA:O and Awakening before doing more DLC

Bugfixing teams and DLC teams are usually separate though, so they could be doing both things.

I see this LC as the perfect opportunity for those who want to play "really evull !!!".

It's probably just one Warden (Alistair). All the others are dead… Oh, and Riordan (if I remember the name correctly).

Umm..I meant ARMY of Grey Wardens..all those who were recruited. Assuming there are werewolves, golems and such, it should be an interesting fight if not exactly 'strategic'.

I suppose there will be a wheel with four options to choose which type of horde you want to send in battlefield: genlocks, hurlocks, shrieks or ogres, depending upon the enemy type..

I think it sounds interesting to me as well.

Will be DL when available :)

Sounds like it could be interesting, but I'd much rather play DA: Awakenings... if they ever get around to patching it. :-/

There are bugs? I stopped playing awhile ago - but maybe I wasn't far enough in to encounter anything. Are they serious/game breaking?

TBH I've encountered only crashing so far. Annoying but definitely not game-breaking.
I may be just lucky though, considering that my experience with NWN2 (!!) as far as 1.06 was positive.

Oh yes, quite a few bugs. Example: One bug will rob your main character of all gear at a certain point in the game (I've encountered it once, out of three playthroughs).

Just goes to show what a bad idea dlc is, since it causes them to break up teams instead of actually finishing the game and doing a good job of fixing major bugs.

Oh yes, quite a few bugs. Example: One bug will rob your main character of all gear at a certain point in the game (I've encountered it once, out of three playthroughs).

One day you'll look back and laugh...

that sounds horrible, but strangely amusing. Now it'll probably happen to me ='.'=

Verified is quickly written:
  • The first PC bug about summons and tactics was here before Awakening and 1.03, I'm 100% sure of that.
  • It's like bugs with switching weapons and visual I had that sort of bugs before Awakening and 1.03.
  • Or unlimited approval I quoted at least one with 1.02 and Sten.

There's also quite many that are DLC related, sure it's bug anyway but easy to avoid by disabling those DLC when you play it, anyway those are useless with Awakening.

And the list is rather short, I will not quote list of bugs like in The Witcher, Gothic 3 and DAO that was all a lot longer. For me if this list is right that shows the weird anti hype build around Awakening. Another crowd behavior phenomena, humans can be strange sometimes.

And the list is rather short, I will not quote list of bugs like in The Witcher, Gothic 3 and DAO that was all a lot longer. For me if this list is right that shows the weird anti hype build around Awakening. Another crowd behavior phenomena, humans can be strange sometimes.

The list is not rather short, and what does it matter if some of those bugs were present in DA:O? That only make you wonder even more why they haven't been fixed yet.

Yeah, I'm sure a list created to make people aware of the bugs in DA: Awakenings was done for the purpose of "anti hype". :roll:

Purpose? Did I wrote this? No.

People don't control their crowd reactions and crowds are hardly controlled, so there's no "purpose" or manipulation here. I just quote a point, that DAO had much more bugs and it didn't generate such reaction.

That said the first main error with DAA is to not have release at same time the source so mod makers could check if their coding would be still be compatible. The second is just the DLC system.

And this list has nothing of a "verified" quality unlike you wrote.

Dasale, I'm sorry that you're too blinded by your love of DA to be able to admit that Awakenings has more bugs than the average Bioware game, but please don't try to blame mods and DLC for all the glitches in the game.

I played it and you didn't. Many bugs in this list have unclear cause and people don't seem able to reproduce them clearly with no mod and no DLC. Some bugs in this list are purely DLC related. Few are quoted as possibly not a bug and few as linked to a mod.

First time I played it I had some mods and all DLC. After some crashes and some problems related to DLC, I uninstalled all mods, sold all DLC items and disabled all DLC but SP and RtO. Then I played it fully and didn't crash anymore, got a bug and discovered after it was because of a file in override folder I forgot. Then I noticed two bugs related to approval, but yes there's possibly some I didn't quote but at least I didn't got the lost items in mines and other worse.

Here a list of DAO glitches on the wiki you quoted:
http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Age:_Origins_Bugs/Glitches

It seems to me as long and is after 2 patches and I quote it is far to have all bugs, for example I got weapon drawing glitches or infinite loop in dialog with Sten allowing me infinite approval, both with 1.02.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom