Dragon Age: Inquisition - Meet the Lovely Sera

I am somewhat hopeful for DA:I and maybe BioWare has really learned from its mistakes, but I certainly won't buy it on release or even preorder it, and I have no understanding whatsoever for those who plan to do so (unless they really enjoyed DA2).

I am somewhat hopeful for DA:I and maybe BioWare has really learned from its mistakes, but I certainly won't buy it on release or even preorder it, and I have no understanding whatsoever for those who plan to do so (unless they really enjoyed DA2).

I'm afraid Bioware is way past having the power to call the shots. EA is in control - and the only reason they'd change how they let Bioware develop games is if they're convinced it'll make more money that way.

AAA games make money based on marketing and PR - and not really the actual games, except when establishing a franchise. So, everything that's said about DA:I in public is about convincing the audience it's much better than the last game. Doesn't mean it's all lies - it just means it's twisted to appear as appealing as possible.

Now, you can trust that or you can not trust that.

Personally, I'm sceptical - but I do expect a game that's bigger and more complete than DA2. But I don't expect it to have a soul - and if a game doesn't have a soul, I don't really care to play a more complex or complete version of it.

But that's me.

If it DOES have a soul, then I'll gladly admit I was wrong. That means they've changed their ways since ME2, and I really have zero reason to believe that.

But I'd love to be wrong and have some of the old Bioware back.

Back
Top Bottom