Dragon Age: Inquisition - News Roundup # 3

Never, ever, read about a newly released game online if you're hyped and you're going to play it upon release.

I'm curious about the AI in DA:I - I felt that was one area that neither previous game did that well. Essentially the player had to tweak the party AI to behave sensibly - which some people loved, I know, but I considered the responsibility of the devs. Supposedly (I saw some 'quotes') the AI in DA:I is much better - but the example(s) they quoted sounded pretty much like what happened in DA2 anyway (e.g. tanks drawing aggro etc). I much prefer controlling my party and directing their actions, but that requires a slower pace of action, and it seems RPG's are now all quick somersaults and backflips etc. So one is almost forced to rely on AI if you have a party… or so it seems. I also dislike constant micro-management. I was looking at the DA:I web site - there doesn't seem to be much low-level detail on gameplay, mechanics etc - just lots of flashy graphics? I would also like to be able to turn off AI/tactics completely and not have to assign a 'role'. DA:O allowed this iirc.

Hmm, it almost sounds as if it's as big as Skyrim. That would surprise me, but time will tell.

I've seen a reviewer tweet that the game felt larger than Skyrim, but there is quite a bit of difference between feeling and being larger.

I'm curious about the AI in DA:I - I felt that was one area that neither previous game did that well. Essentially the player had to tweak the party AI to behave sensibly - which some people loved, I know, but I considered the responsibility of the devs. Supposedly (I saw some 'quotes') the AI in DA:I is much better - but the example(s) they quoted sounded pretty much like what happened in DA2 anyway (e.g. tanks drawing aggro etc). I much prefer controlling my party and directing their actions, but that requires a slower pace of action, and it seems RPG's are now all quick somersaults and backflips etc. So one is almost forced to rely on AI if you have a party… or so it seems. I also dislike constant micro-management. I was looking at the DA:I web site - there doesn't seem to be much low-level detail on gameplay, mechanics etc - just lots of flashy graphics? I would also like to be able to turn off AI/tactics completely and not have to assign a 'role'. DA:O allowed this iirc.

There is a "turn off AI" checkbox in the Behavior Tab in DAI.

Back
Top Bottom