Dragon Age: Inquisition - News Roundup

Sorry but I have to ask this since you don't have an Origin account you must be going to pirate the game then? As an Origin account is needed just to play the game.o_O
At this point I am going to watch the streams of people playing and maybe if the game seems even worth pirating I might. I ain't giving money to EA. Last game I bought from Bioware was DAO which was done before merger and didn't require Origin.

At this point in my life, I usually buy games I want to play, pirate those that I want to try and watch streams of the rest. But some things I don't do. I don't buy games that need me to have Origin. I have it enough that Blizzard made me create their account to play Starcraft 2.

EA and Origin is here to stay, so the best way of "voting with your wallet" regarding EA is to avoid all the crap they make, yet still buy the good stuff to send them the signal that good games actually make money.

Besides, it's not as if Origin is any worse than Steam. Just make sure it doesn't automatically start up and you won't even see it unless an Origin related game. My only beef with it is that it's damn near impossible to completely merge old BioWare accounts into existing Origin accounts, so I have to play DA: O, DA2 and ME2 with my old account and ME3, DA: I etc on my new account. Rather annoying. I even contacted customer support to sort that out, but there was nothing they could do.

You do that. I will not buy anything Origin or EA related. So far they have not made a game that would change my opinion. As far as I am concerned if EA disappeared tomorrow the gaming world would be better for it.

No because EA is like an everlasting fountain of fail, and the amusement I get from watching their quarterly balls up is often better than many games in that quarter. LONG LIVE EA, long may they continue to amuse in their own very special way.

In my circle of gaming friends, only one out of 17 of us have Origin installed on their computer. Out of that same number, 13 have Steam installed. I disagree that EA is here to stay, and I feel even more vehement about Origin. I believe people are finally getting tired of their wicked ways, and more importantly, of their products.

That's because Steam has a massive library compared to Origin, and has been around for much longer. EA and Origin is still here to stay though, they're too big to simply go away, just like Activision Blizzard. They both have revenues in the billions, so the question isn't whether or not they will make games, it's whether or not they will make good games.

EA won't be gone in 5 years. Perhaps in 50 years.

I may not like EA but I can't really complain about Origin yet. It has behaved on my PC. Also remember Steam needs competition even though I would ideally like to have all my games in one place....

What's the problem with Origin? I've had no issues with it, so far.

If we're talking about having a client running to handle our games, you're a little late when it comes to being annoyed with it. About 10 years too late.

Such software is here to stay - and fighting your own little anecdotal war against it will do absolutely nothing.

Besides, it's not as if Origin is any worse than Steam.
You sure?
Origin wiped out some people's savegames in Sims 4. When did you hear Steam did something like that?
Also, Origin's file verify/repair is an utter crap. It checks only gamefile names, not size/controlnumber/SHA. Unlike Steam, if one of your files is corrupt, with Origin you have to redownload/reinstall the whole game. Repair will help only if a file is missing!
Last but not least, seen not just one case where game performance was choked if Origin was online all the time. Putting it into offline mode solved the problem. When you had to go offline within Steam to get a game running flawlessly?

All that aside.
Origin fails are not an excuse to pirate games. There is actually no excuse to pirate games, not all games are a scam. If someone has to pirate something, they should go pirate Candy Crush Saga and leave singleplayer RPGs alone. Scam the scammers, not proper developers.

Back
Top Bottom