Dragon Age - Updated System Requirements

aries100

SasqWatch
They need to update again and make SP2 the minimum for Vista machines. There was a NASTY problem in Vista before that point with faster video cards that would often cause drivers to crash.

I never heard of that problem with Vista and until the other day (just switched to Windows 7) I had Vista SP1 with a Geforce 260. I never had that problem and I have had Vista since it came out of Beta.

Wow, I even make the Recommended specs now, except my NVidia card is a little bit older. If they're right and it's not just optimism, that's some impressive optimization.

Is there supposed to be a specific setting you can run the game at when you meet the "recommended specs"? High details 30+fps@1680*1050 2xAA+16AF?

No? Then they're free to lower the recommended specs all they like without it meaning anything, that way they don't lose sales due to people fearing bad performance on older hardware.

In a lot of games you get terrible performance despite meeting the "recommended" specs, only benchmarks matter, I don't understand people who upgrade for a game before its benchmarks are out.

Is there supposed to be a specific setting you can run the game at when you meet the "recommended specs"? High details 30+fps@1680*1050 2xAA+16AF?

I think I'll be using my current desktop resolution, by which I'm just fine. :)

Which is : 1152x864.

I'd definitely not make game playable guarantees on recommended specs, except that you'll have no chance in hell of playing it if below the specs.

Seems fluid enough for me on a 3GHz intel quadcore and a 8800gtx @1680*1050 high details, vsynch, no AA and 16AF(so well over 30fps), only felt a slowdown when there were flame/smoke effects.

Not saying El Kapitano here is a pirate (pun totally unintended, of course ;) ), maybe he got a legit version early but DA is unfortunately another game that's made it to the "unofficial" download sites even before the day of release (the PC and the X360 version as far as I have heard). Sad but true.

Even now ? Impressive.

Next they're pirating Alpha versions ???

Pirates have posted their experiences about the game on multiple boards today. Dont need to go any further than rpgcodex.

I havent received any email about my game. I guess I just have to wait.

These people will lack a certain skill throughout their further lives :

Patience.

On the Bioboards -eh- threads on Bioware's new social site, in the forums, some people have gotten this game, early for one of two reasons 1) small stores breaking street dates and 2) early shipping to someone who've pre-ordered the game.

For some reason, Bioware seem cool about this...

Arr, shiver me torrents, avast ye bandwidth.

But small shops in underlegislated countries don't really care about street dates, you just ask the old lady who owns it to check if she has the game in the back of the store(though it takes a while for her to understand the game's foreign name) and she'll sell it. Also happens with releases of new consoles.

This newspost has a link to a site with a bunch of benchmarks
http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8962 , I noticed a significant boost in smoothness when I went from 2.4GHz to 3GHz. And it seems the game really takes advantage of all 4 cores.

Last edited:
I've bought myself a new toy and clocked my E8400 from 3.0 GHz to 4.0 GHz and the RAM a quite respectable amount as well, and while it's not really because of Dragon Age it won't exactly hurt the performance. :)

Attachments

• IMAG0038-small.jpg
    IMAG0038-small.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 32
That's beautiful, Toaster. Congrats!

As for me, i'm happy to report that my archaic Pentium4 3.4GHZ / 2gb RAM / 8800 512 GTS seems to be handling the game just fine @ 1280x1024 w/ details cranked.

Back
Top Bottom